• I have the first edition of Pacific. I just purchased (Mail order) the 2ed of Europe. Of course after i purchsed i think of this…but will the game boards match up? are they the same size? I.E. will i be able to use my 1st Ed pacific with the 2 Ed europe and have all the country/zone lines match up?

Anyone have fist hand experince yet with the two boards next to each other? pics would be nice if able. Thanks all.

• They are fine together. I had planned to do that too, then bought both. Only thing that will look wrong is the top of the map as 2nd Ed has income chart printed along the top, so you will only have one. (Not the end of the world in my opinion.)
    Do not have a picture and  am not at home to take one.
    Makes sense to buy one only as you get the new rules in a booklet, not downloaded and you can find out the other side’s set up very easily.

• No you cant do that man, you’ll be short of the AA-gun pieces, need to buy 2 ed of both games

• Possibly, but can use old  counters for Japan and Anzac.
    I agree it is not ideal.

• @Razor:

No you cant do that man, you’ll be short of the AA-gun pieces, need to buy 2 ed of both games

Not a big deal; he can just use the cardboard pieces from the version he does have. Remember: People were playing Alpha 3 with the non-unique AA guns.

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Razor:

No you cant do that man, you’ll be short of the AA-gun pieces, need to buy 2 ed of both games

Not a big deal; he can just use the cardboard pieces from the version he does have. Remember: People were playing Alpha 3 with the non-unique AA guns.

Also, considering that AA guns can never attack (and only defend, and are obnoxious to transport due to their disembarkation rules), it’s almost completely irrelevant that they’re nation specific.  the only instance it can possibly be confusing is with joint defense, but usually it’s pretty obvious who controlled the aa guns, as generally speaking they’ll belong to one power.  I can’t think of a single game where I’ve moved US AA to a UK territory that already had UK AA as an infantry is almost always better.  Or an Italian AA into a german territory (although they may serve well as fodder if Italy isn’t under air assault).

• you can buy single pieces from hbg as well

• I was in the same exact dilemma, I finally got AAP40 right before the news that there would be reprints and just got AAE40 2nd the other day. They pry won’t like me advertising this but I called WofC and they are sending me the AAAs from Pac 2nd edition at no charge when I explained my situation.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m