Can Soviets survive without Brit fighters?

• It just seems impossible for the Soviets to survive without at least 4 to 6 British FTRs, first in West Russia, and then when Moscow is flanked by the loss of Karelia or the Caucuses, moving the British FTRs back to Moscow.

Moscow by round 4 to 5 typically has:

25+ Soviet Infantry.
    2 Soviet FTRs
    4 to 6 British FTRs
    2 AAA
    2 Tanks
    1 Artillery

As usually the game is a strategic USSR withdrawal, but without the British FTR support the German tanks more easily threaten Moscow quicker than I have seen in other versions of A&A.

• I’m not so sure Russia can survive, period. This game is even more pro-Axis than the 1st Edition.

• @Varn:

I’m not so sure Russia can survive, period. This game is even more pro-Axis than the 1st Edition.

On KJF the whole point is that Russia will fall to Germany, the question is when.

• @Hobbes:

@Varn:

I’m not so sure Russia can survive, period. This game is even more pro-Axis than the 1st Edition.

On KJF the whole point is that Russia will fall to Germany, the question is when.

Of course, but the point of my post is that with the weakness of the Russians (relative to other versions) and the 10 to 15 tank stack that the Germans can have on turn 3, can the Russians survive to turn 5 without at least 4 to 6 British fighters?

I don’t believe that Russia can hold without the British fighters.

• It can only hold if you are lucky dice. I myself seem to always roll below avgerage. And a friend of mine is always above average. So I tend not to play him head on. and we team up alot in 4 player games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m