WE HAVE BEEN MISLED (Read before buying 40.2)

• Hello all.

The stacking chips that come with the new '40.2 games are indeed NOT the same chips that came with the '42.2 game as has been previously reported on this site.  They are in fact the same chips that come with the original '40 games, only with a few green-colored ones.

Those of us hoping for the new '42.2 chips will be disappointed, not only with Wizards for giving us the cheapo stacking chips, but with others on this board that have preview copies and did not warn us of this.

I recommend a petition be started to demand that Wizards provide us with the proper chips.

• meh…as long as they provided some green ones is fine with me- no big deal.

• I was hoping they’d fit all the old ones I have anyhow…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The 42.2 chips SUCK anyways.

Kid stuff.

• @Gargantua:

The 42.2 chips SUCK anyways.

Kid stuff.

LOL- that is so true.  They seriously look like little kid bingo chips or something.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Customizer

I’m torn on which chips I like better. The most important thing to me is consistency among the A&A line. If there going to change the chips again like they did a few years back, change them all, not just some.

• Are the chips completely new or do they match any of the previous chips that have come out?  It would be awesome for me personally if they matched the 1st edition chips from Spring 1942.

• TripleA '12

Personally, I prefer the chips that came with 1942.2 because they have a smaller circumference, thus saving space on the board (albeit a tiny amount). However, they don’t grip together as well as any of the older types.

they don’t grip together as well as any of the older types.

Exactly, and they look even worse. :S

Let’s all hope that WOTC doesn’t dump chips altogether next, and tell people to use scraps of paper, to establish how many units of a type they have.

If anything, the fact that global has the -better- chips, is a good sign, that perhaps we’re done with those 42.2 screw ups.

• TripleA '12

Well yeah, but if they could make a combination of the old and new types then that would certainly be an improvement in my view, i.e. smaller circumference AND better grip.

• TripleA

CHIPS MUST BE STACKABLE AND NOT SLIDING OFF EACH OTHER. K THANKS.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT PAPER CHIPS? THEY BE SLIDIN MAN! THEN YOU GOT TO GO TO THE STORE AND FIND SOME POKER CHIPS BEFORE YOU CAN PLAY.

I BELIEVE IT CAME WITH THE STACKING CHIPS. SO DO NOT WORRY GUYS, NOBODY PANIC

• I like and was expecting the '42.2 chips in this set.  Why would they make the new chips and not include them in all new A&A games?  Prolly due to whiners like you guys.

The new chips were a vast improvement.  I’m sorry to see Wizards can’t move forward.

The new -chips- also came with the new -price-…

• So I tested the chips in the new 2nd edition 1940 with the chips in the first edition 1940.  They do not match up exactly.  Close, but not exactly.  Disappointed in that.  Now my old chips will not be used because they are just off enough to slide off the new chips easily.  They grip a little, but not perfectly.  Now I may just replace all my chips with the new 1942 2nd edition chips.  Not sure yet.

• What are those chips you are talking about, what did they had?

• Meh, chips are for poker.  :-D  I buy multiple copies and plunder from other games if needed. Only use the red chips for damage.

• Customizer

chip schmips… i don’t really care

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Personally, if they came with sour cream and onion chips, I wouldn’t care.  If your like me, your an Axis and Allies whore and you have more chips then you know what to do with anyway.  Did the first editions come with paper money?  Do these 2nd editions? Just curious.

• @Boyardee:

What are those chips you are talking about, what did they had?

Allow me to explain my complaint.  Almost every Axis & Allies game ever made comes with a version of stacking chips that I call the “old” chips. 
    Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition comes with a “new” type of stacking chip.

Observe.

The “new” chips in A&A 1942 2nd. Ed.

The “old” chips that come with the brand new A&A 1940 2nd Ed.

Dime added for sizing purposes, not included with the game.

As you can see, the “new” chips are of a higher quality IMO.  They are easier to count when stacked and smaller in diameter, leaving more room on the board.  They are also stamped with the fancy “Axis & Allies” logo.

I expected that the “new” chips were the standard to be released with all new versions of A&A, but was disappointed when I found the “old” chips included in the latest game.

I hope that clears it up.

• TripleA '12

Great post robbie358, thank you for the pictures too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m