Stalingradski (Axis) vs Brown Coat (Allies) G40A3

• Here we go…

• Ok - first rule to deal with. Load this file, and take a look at the board. All you need to do is tell me yes or no to a scramble in each sea zone. We played this style once before, when we played Europe 1940 at my house…

So, for example, in the English Channel (SZ110), you could scramble up to three fighters (max for any scramble, ever) to defend the sea zone along with your fleet. Your aircraft can NOT hit subs without a destroyer present, so take that into consideration. In SZ111, you have one fighter that can scramble if you wish.

Opinion varies on whether to do either of these or not… it hurts Germany to do it by knocking off some aircraft (esp in SZ110), but also take quite a toll on the UK’s air presence in the Atlantic. Usually it’s a game to game choice. Let me know!

Round 1 UK scramble.tsvg

• Hey Rod,
    Holy lateness. Sorry, its been a productive evening which hasn’t left much time for this. I’ve downloaded and looked and am afraid I need more time to answer.  I’d like to take some time and look at the board and figure out some thoughts on strategy that will inform my immediate decision on scrambling. I’ll be back to this tomorrow evening.

“You can’t stop the signal.”
    -Mr. Universe

• Hey there,
    I haven’t really read enough or figured anything out, but lets move forward. I’ll scramble 3 to 110 and none to 111. I wasn’t sure of the etiquette, but I knew I shouldn’t let the battles run for you. So, I’ve saved the game after the scramble and attached. Or, of course, you can do the scramble in your game if I didn’t save/upload properly.

“Faster would be better.”
    -Mal

Round 1 UK scrambled.tsvg

• I like your quotes, sir!

Onward. I’ll just reset the board based on the saved file, and do it over. No time at all.

• The quotes are all from my favorite TV show ‘Firefly’ from which the avatar picture and name “Browncoat” come from. It’s a theme :)

“We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”
    -Mal

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 2.6

Game History

Round :1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier, 1 submarine and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
                British scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 110 Sea Zone
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 8 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Germans
                    Germans win with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 40
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 cruiser and 1 fighter; British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Germans win with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 31
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for French: 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 submarine
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys
                    French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry; British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 35
                    Casualties for Germans: 6 infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting turns to 1-+ for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
                1 tactical_bomber moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 bomber moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                3 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to France
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
                3 artilleries moved from Germany to Poland
                3 aaGuns moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
                2 infantry moved from Denmark to Western Germany
                9 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
                2 infantry moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser, 2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway

Place Units - Germans
                1 carrier, 1 submarine and 1 transport placed in 112 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 39 PUs; end with 59 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 64 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 69 PUs

• So, in this version Russia can not attack Germany until the fourth turn… but Germany can declare war at any point. How cruel. So, purchase and position your Russian forces accordingly.

Notice that Germany stepped into and claimed several pro-axis neutral territories (Finland and Bulgaria), gaining the money and units for free during my con-combat round. The allies can do the same thing on their turn… any pro-allied territory can be claimed by the allies.

Anyhow, Germany gets to give the UK and France a good thrashing for awhile before turning East…

Any questions, please ask.

• awesome, I’ll try to get it back to you tonight sometime - probably late.

• So, I’m working on R1 with a question. Why can’t I move into Northwest Persia? It is Pro-Allies. I thought I would be able to move into it as a non-combat move…but no. So I reloaded the game to do it as a combat move, but still no. It doesn’t matter a whole lot, but I am curious. I’ll continue with my move regardless.

• Sorry for misleading you - Russia is an exception, and can’t take pro-allied neutrals until they are at war. I was a bad man, and misinformed…  :oops:

• That’s fine - figured as much. So, since you have your ‘ears on’ next question: I thought to go a little crazy and do a factory upgradefor Volgograd…but I can’t seem to place it …am I missing something obvious?

• I’m now assuming it is because that Volgograd only has a production of 2…is that right? I don’t see any other major IC on a territory with a two…but I’ll look for your answer before I redo my purchase.

“Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious.”
    -Mal

• Yup - upgrades for ICs are only on territories with 3 IPCs or more as a value. Rules upon rules upon rules! But all in the name of fun.

Also - you can only build ICs of any sort on a territory with a 2 or greater value, and it can only be on the mainland… no island factories.

• Cool - thanks for the confirmation. I’ll redo my buy and get you a turn…maybe before dinner but no promises.

• Had an error on the upload for some reason. So, here’s the saved game. No time for a nice quote, pizza is waiting!

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 2.6

Game History

Round :1

Politics - Japanese
                Trigger Japanese Friendly With Mongolians activates a trigger called: Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians
                Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttatchment attached to Olgiy
                Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttatchment attached to Dzavhan
                Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttatchment attached to Tsagaan Olom
                Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttatchment attached to Central Mongolia
                Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttatchment attached to Buyant-Uhaa
                Trigger Axis Friendly With Mongolians: Setting captureUnitOnEnteringBy to Germans:Italians:Japanese for territoryAttatchment attached to Ulaanbaatar

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 1 factory_minor and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Korea to Amur
                      Japanese take Amur from Russians
                1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Iwo Jima to 17 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 17 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 5 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from 5 Sea Zone to Soviet Far East
                1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                      Japanese take Chahar from Chinese
                1 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
                      Japanese take Anhwe from Chinese
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
                1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
                2 bombers moved from Japan to Hunan
                2 bombers moved from Hunan to Yunnan
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Yunnan
                1 fighter moved from Formosa to Hunan
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Manchuria to Anhwe
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Anhwe to Hunan

Combat - Japanese
                Battle in Yunnan
                    Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Chinese defend with 4 infantry
                    Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry
                    Casualties for Chinese: 4 infantry
                Battle in Hunan
                    Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Chinese defend with 2 infantry
                    Japanese win, taking Hunan from Chinese with 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Battle in Soviet Far East

Non Combat Move - Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Okinawa to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Kiangsu to 19 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 cruiser moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from 6 Sea Zone to Korea
                3 infantry moved from Korea to Manchuria
                1 mech_infantry moved from Manchuria to Anhwe
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
                3 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
                2 bombers moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
                3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Hunan to Kwangsi
                1 fighter moved from Okinawa to Kwangsi
                1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 33 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 19 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 carrier moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 6 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
                2 tactical_bombers moved from Japan to 19 Sea Zone
                2 tactical_bombers moved from 19 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 fighter moved from Korea to Japan
                1 cruiser moved from 6 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 19 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
                2 transports placed in 6 Sea Zone
                1 factory_minor placed in Manchuria

Turn Complete - Japanese
                Japanese collect 32 PUs; end with 32 PUs total
                Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 42 PUs

• Ok!You are now seeing the mighty expansion of the Japanese Empire. Trembling is expected.

For your US turn - you are not at war until turn 4 unless attacked. You may not move your navies adjacent to any Japanese territory, including islands. You may not end your non combat move next to a European territory. Aircraft can fly to UK, but can not participate in battle. You get an annual income of 52 IPCs. Your three US factories can only produce 3 units each until you are at war (or turn 4), so plan accordingly. Most players choose to get a carrier fleet, and transports up and running so they can make an immediate impact once total war is upon you.

China is interesting. You have no factories, and can only buy artillery if you own the entire Burma Road at the beginning of your turn. You can place your purchased infantry anywhere you own at the end of your turn - even places you just conquered. China has a very limited sphere of move/attack options. Protect your fighter - it’s precious. Watch out for the long arm of the Japanese airforce.

UK needs to balance Atlantic, Middle East/Indian Ocean,and Pacific priorities. You have two separate economies - Atlantic and Pacific. Pay attention to Pro-Allied Neutrals - Persia, etc. are an important source of income. The orange islands in the Pacific are Dutch colonies, and important for UK/Anzac to split up as quickly as possible, before Japan goes crazy and declares war on the world - which could be anytime but generally happens on turn 3.

There are too many things to remember everything… but this is a start.

For the fully updated revised additions to the rules, including all National Objectives (EXTREMELY important to know and be aware of), use this link. It is written by Larry Harris (creator of all things A&A) on his site, and all of this happened through playtesting on A&A.org and other sites, and is now officially implemented. Steve had a rule implemented, I believe, which is pretty cool. This ruleset is good to know.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

• Very good - trembling indeed! Thanks for the link to the rules - much appreciated. I have a proposal to complete and 2 grants to work on, so I doubt I’ll get much further tonight, but I may not be able to resist.

“Do you know what the chain of command is here? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who’s in command.”
    -Jayne

• You’re starting to make me want to watch Browncoat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m