What's the usual bid for this game???

• Played 41 for the first time last night.  Axis won in 4 rounds.  Pretty neat game for a beginner.  My brother-in-law, who would not play the 42 version or Global broke down and played this and actually enjoyed it.  The marketing strategy for this game is brilliant!!!  Game only lasts 1-2 hours tops.  Great intro game.  My props to Larry and WOTC for this and the 42 2nd ed as well as the G40 2nd ed.

My only question, as it seems very convincing that Allies need some bid money to play evenly, how much???

I’m guessing somewhere in the area of $6-$10, which is not too shabby to balance the game.

• 8 for a DD makes most sense. Think that should only be if all players are experienced, otherwise take the Allies and let them win!

• I’m going with a DD for the Eastern US transport and two inf for Russia. Seems to work out alright so far.

• I’d hate to give Russia 2 extra inf.  I agree with the DD for US….I would prefer to give 1 to Russia, and then one to India.  India is a lost cause as is, and I’d be sending that inf to Russia as is, but it gives the UK player flex with India if the person choose to make a stand at India.  This is just to make whoever plays the UK have more fun.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What if you house-ruled that Japan and russia couldn’t fight?

• Would that make it too hard, or impossible even, for the Axis to win, as Germany would have to take Russia and England alone? The US could invest all in the Atlantic and make things even harder, as long as they kept Washington safe with Infantry.
    I think giving the Allies a DD is enough of a headstart. Otherwise add units for the next game if it proves insufficient.

• Or that if one attacks the other, they get 2 free infantry.

• Krieg has said on Larry’s site that they are happy for us to give the US  an Atlantic Destroyer and the Russians 2 Infantry. They said see if that changes things and what we thought of that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m