Clarification on war declarations in the Pacific.

• In the rules, it states (paraphrasing) that Japan attacking or landing on Dutch Islands provokes war with UK and ANZAC.  In a different section it also states that unprovoked war with UK and ANZAC by Japan results in war with America. Is this a proper use of the transitive property?  I don’t know if its just me or what but it sounds like America shouldn’t be going to war over the Dutch Islands.  What is the official clarification please?

• @Chia909:

In the rules, it states (paraphrasing) that Japan attacking or landing on Dutch Islands provokes war with UK and ANZAC.  In a different section it also states that unprovoked war with UK and ANZAC by Japan results in war with America. Is this a proper use of the transitive property?  I don’t know if its just me or what but it sounds like America shouldn’t be going to war over the Dutch Islands.  What is the official clarification please?

1)  Japan must first declare war on UK/Anzac before they can perform a combat move on a Dutch Territory.
    2) If Japan declares war on UK/ANZAC before UK or ANZAC declare war on Japan, it is unprovoked.  However, it only permits America to declare war on her turn.  It does not immediately bring the US into the war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m