• @Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, thought I could add some thing of substance here. I have the new 1942 game set up, however, I am just looking at it. I have not played the game, yet.

Are there any players that prefer to play as the Allies that have also played the new game as the Axis Powers? I would like to know your impressions.

No one likes to lose, so I am curious how people that may like Japan’s reduction in power with this 2nd Edition have enjoyed playing as the Axis themselves.

I have played 3 games as Allies, 1 as Axis, and my last one was again as Allies. I kinda realized a couple of very interesting things after my last game.

1. The Axis start with a big increase in units but the Allies have the edge on the medium and long run term. The longer the Allies retain India, Africa and contest Karelia the more time they’ll have to bring their income advantage into play.
    2. Japan has 2 good moves on Asia: a) send a spearhead through the Szechwan-Kazakh axis to threaten the Soviet backdoor (and allow for further German advance in eastern Europe; b) commit everything to take India and its IC. Option c) conquer the Soviet territories is the slowest and it diverts units away from the other ones.
    3. The Axis need to take Africa, secure Karelia or conquer India/Asia until round 4-5. After that the Allied income advantage really starts getting into play. Any of those 2 ICs and/or Egypt are the key to
      Axis victory.
  • TripleA

Karelia hasn’t matter much since classic.

Honestly it is an spot for uk to drop in on.  Game can easily be won or lost at caucasus. Japan’s reduction in power comes primarily from the increased armor cost which makes taking russia over much more difficult.

Japan pretty much has to blow up in the pacific, take india down quickly by maximizing the unit potential he can get there.

Japan is not going to take over america, usa can easily plop 10 inf at any given time for it. If it comes down to a race for berlin vs a race for moscow… the allies have about the same speed for it, a greater income, and japan has to pay 1 more ipc than before for each armor he has to bring in to make it to the fight. The allies do suffer from transports not being able to defend themselves, the investment it takes to buy them, and the investment it takes to protect them. Ships can’t conquer capitals, you know.

Honestly, it depends on how you play. Most people find themselves in a race position, especially for a live game.

• @Cromwell_Dude:

Thank you for the responses.

happy huntin’

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m