• Hi all, new poster, longtime reader.

I am in the middle of a game right now that started out pretty basic. Germany charged russia, defeated them, and turned south for egypt. Italy defended the West and helped harass in the med. UK made a strong Middle East presence and Normandy. US went in Normandy and scandinavia. (we play Alpha 2). However, USA made a strong push for moscow from scandinavia, drawing the Germans away from the middle east. The Italians and Germans pushed on the Normany beachhead too. UK took over a lot of South Russia while the Amis were being beaten back in the North. The coolest part was when 16 Ami transports and 8 british came to rescue the british from the impending axis assault on normandy. The German airforce wiped out the navy defending those transports (120+ lost IPCs for both sides), but UK was down to 3 rolls at 4 with 3 german planes left, and hit all 3, so it was total mutual destruction except the germans did not have one plane left to kill the 24 transports, and the brits were saved. Even with the stunning (late) dunkirk, it looks like the germans will win, even though Italy is about to be invaded by 30 trns worth of Amis and Brits. UK and US also invaded most of the Strict neutrals oon the same turn, opening up a Fourth front for germany in turkey (Balkans, France, Leningrad, Caucasus), but it looks like the americans will be soon pushed out of scandinavia and then the 30 tanks in Germany’s main army can move south.

Anyways, it’s been up and down, left and right, and I have seen things I have never seen before (Germany has 6 bombers lol) What is the craziest game you can remember?

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

Hi all, new poster, longtime reader.

I am in the middle of a game right now that started out pretty basic. Germany charged russia, defeated them, and turned south for egypt. Italy defended the West and helped harass in the med. UK made a strong Middle East presence and Normandy. US went in Normandy and scandinavia. (we play Alpha 2). However, USA made a strong push for moscow from scandinavia, drawing the Germans away from the middle east. The Italians and Germans pushed on the Normany beachhead too. UK took over a lot of South Russia while the Amis were being beaten back in the North. The coolest part was when 16 Ami transports and 8 british came to rescue the british from the impending axis assault on normandy. The German airforce wiped out the navy defending those transports (120+ lost IPCs for both sides), but UK was down to 3 rolls at 4 with 3 german planes left, and hit all 3, so it was total mutual destruction except the germans did not have one plane left to kill the 24 transports, and the brits were saved. Even with the stunning (late) dunkirk, it looks like the germans will win, even though Italy is about to be invaded by 30 trns worth of Amis and Brits. UK and US also invaded most of the Strict neutrals oon the same turn, opening up a Fourth front for germany in turkey (Balkans, France, Leningrad, Caucasus), but it looks like the americans will be soon pushed out of scandinavia and then the 30 tanks in Germany’s main army can move south.

Anyways, it’s been up and down, left and right, and I have seen things I have never seen before (Germany has 6 bombers lol) What is the craziest game you can remember?

That’s probably the longest game that ever was, does not seem to make sense for all that equipment to accumulate without a decisive outcome

• Well it was on the europe map only, and dice were pretty unpredictable compared to most games we play, so it was often a very cautious game.

• My craziest game was actually on A&A50. I was Axis, Germany and Italy were both defeated, but Japan conquered Moscow, at least half of Africa, all of America, and was poised to strike London in 2 turns. Allies surrendered  :-D

• TripleA

For global, I attacked berlin with russia and barely lost. Attacked italy with USA and won, then liberated uk the turn after. Probably the craziest one.

• had a game of revised where I lost russia on ger turn, and was going to lose the game, but on UK turn I took leningrad and paris, and on US turn I landed and took manilla, calcutta, rome and shanghai, making me holding 9 cities, for the win.

• My nuttiest game was a “kill the USA first” strategy in Alpha+3.  When you have Germany invading Brazil and Italy taking Panama, Mexico, and the West Indies it gets wierd.  All we needed was for Japan to take Honolulu and we win… something he refused to do, throwing the German submarine fleet under the bus.

The idea was that if the USA was so focused defending Hawaii, he couldn’t afford to spend in the Atlantic, therefore 18 german subs there could convoy disrupt 35 bucks from them.  Would’ve been beautiful if it had worked.  My subs got pasted with the Italian navy as well.  I was on the defensive from the Soviets, and Japan ended up taking Hawaii anyways!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I sunk two battleships in classic with an American Transport on J2.

They surrendered.

• Did transports attack at 1 in classic? It’s been a long time since I played.

• they defended at 1

• The wildest game I ever played of A&A was a game of Classic that I played with 2 of my brothers. Germany was taken out, but Japan had heavy bombers. With AA fire, Japan had to spend its entire income building new bombers, but Russia had zero income every round from strategic bombing and nothing the USA or UK could send towards Japan could survive. The game was a complete stalemate until a bizarre set of circumstances happened. In sending ground troops forward to take Russia and try to actually win, my brother left his heavy bombers virtually undefended (1-2 INF + a stack of heavy BMRs). My other brother with the UK spent all his money (like 15. Japan had India-Africa) on an investment roll and hit long range aircraft. His BMRS on Germany were then able to reach the Japanese heavy BMRs on Manchuria and fight to a mutual vape, but without any active heavy BMRs Japan quickly collapsed. Allied victory ensued.

A close second was a game of Classic I played with my dad that was so back-and-forth that it went over 70 rounds.

• Classic:

As relative noob at the time, I had 12 German fighters.  I attacked Russian held Karelia and he shot down 11 of the 12 fighters with his AA gun.

• I played this awesome game of G40 in Canada once as China. I had a pretty rough start with an early Yunnan counter-attack faltering but after that I was rolling 1’s and 2’s for my infantry stacks like it was my job. By later turns in the game, with some help from British India I  was able to turn China into a beast and had nearly liberated all of the coastal territories, including Hong Kong, it was a great game

• Might not have been the wildest game , but my best friend has not recovered and still talks about how ridiculous it is, so he is the wildest part of the story!
    Won D-Day with 1Art in St Lo(my only unit), when he probably had 15-20 units left all poised to conquer a vacant Normandy.
    Might ring him tonight and remind him of it:
    I love Axis favoured games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m