• How do yall play this rule. When we play we make a rule that if you forget something, like the AA gun fire then you forfeit the option for that round. Is there a standard rule for this?

Thanks for the insight!

• Depends on how much of a stickler you want to be. I usually end up playing with newbies, and there is a lot to think about when you are learning, so I let them do something if they forgot.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Regulation play, or for fun play?

Regulation (league/tourament) you forget, you’re done.  Sorry, you’re supposed to be a professional at this point.

For fun?  Well, it’s for fun.  Reroll the battle, but defender cannot get LESS hits than they did the first time (they can get more, hey, you screwed up!)

• Thanks!! We try to set rules before we start playing but we kinda get lax on them as we play. We are all amateur players so maybe we should be a little more open to mistakes.

• only thing we are a stickler on is trying to fight a new battle after it’s your NCM, or changing your buy during your turn. noob mistakes, if ruthlessly punished, will turn some off from the game. plus, i don’t want to win because of my opponent’s miscues. If a tourney, however, EVERY rule is letter of the law.

• Noobs i even let them make NCM during my purchase move phase, but I always check “you done, you sure, there’s nothing else you might have forgotten?” There so much stuff to a game of A&A and cutting them some slack and helping them only makes it A) more fair B) more fun for them and those me also

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Yavid:

Noobs i even let them make NCM during my purchase move phase, but I always check “you done, you sure, there’s nothing else you might have forgotten?” There so much stuff to a game of A&A and cutting them some slack and helping them only makes it A) more fair B) more fun for them and those me also

I draw the line at MY purchase units phase!  I mean, after tha “are you sure you have nothing else you want to do?” phase, that’s it.  NCM during CM?  Sure.  CM through undefended land during NCM, okay…I mean I point out that it’s literally illegal, but the goal is to have fun.  Changing build orders to 3x AA Guns because they saw me build 5x Strategic Bombers (added to the 7 I had before) is a bit much to give em.

• Normally the is there anything else are you sure stuff comes after I already let them fix one thing that was forgotten and mixed. But no never do I let them change purchases after I do my purchases.

• in my groups we value consistency, if the battle is rolled wrong, then it is rerolled, no matter what the result was.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m