• This always bugged me about AA revised….China is a big place, and it was really hard for Japan to get into the interior.
    So will China be 3 territories, 4? Or the old standby 2 territories… :cry:

• I agree.  I hope there is at least four territories in China.

• Completely in agreement with you guys. It needs to be at least 4 I think in the global game. 3 would be a nice change

• TripleA

And if there were four, it wouldn’t screw up the IPC count. You could just have each territory be worth 1 IPC.

• Also, if each territory was 1 IPC, then no ICs could ever be built in China, which is also a good thing.

(Though I would like a special rule that the US can always mobilize one Infantry in China if it controls at least one Chinese territory & India is held by the UK)

• What about these other territories, are they split into something that makes sense?

(Finland/Norway split into Finland & Norway)
    (A territory between Libya and Egypt)
    (A territory between India and French Indochina “Burma”)
    (Extra territory between Soviet far east, and Moscow)

• I do not have the board in front of me, so, I do not have all the changes, but here are ones I do know:

a) algeria and libya were 2 territories - now are 3 - add in morrocco - all worth 1 IPC
    b) china has been divided into 4 territories (each worth 1 IPC)
    c) what was s. europe now has s. europe and I think Italy separate - there is an IC in Italy, but the IPC value is only 3
    d) the overall IPC count at the start is almost exactly the same - I think Germany starts with 41 (not 40) and UK starts with 31 (not 30)
    e) australia is now two territories (each worth 1 IPC)
    f) norway is now split into finland and norway
    g) there seems to be just a bit more ‘space’ between germany (berlin) and russia (moscow)
    h) africa is just a bit different - including egypt being by itself with I think sudan below it (but sudan is worth nothing)
    i) there is now a burma territory
    j) western europe is now broken into two pieces - like global

That is all I can remember ATM…

MM

• that is a pretty promising list. I missed on anniversary with no intention of paying the going rate, will get the 1940 reprints but global probably wouldn’t hit the table often. What your describing seems like a little anniversary and a little global, not bad at all.

• @miamiumike:

I do not have the board in front of me, so, I do not have all the changes, but here are ones I do know:

a) algeria and libya were 2 territories - now are 3 - add in morrocco - all worth 1 IPC
    c) what was s. europe now has s. europe and I think Italy separate - there is an IC in Italy, but the IPC value is only 3
    d) the overall IPC count at the start is almost exactly the same - I think Germany starts with 41 (not 40) and UK starts with 31 (not 30)
    g) there seems to be just a bit more ‘space’ between germany (berlin) and russia (moscow)
    h) africa is just a bit different - including egypt being by itself with I think sudan below it (but sudan is worth nothing)

MM

With these map changes and the new AAA unit, A&A 1942 Second Edition is really an entirely new game, not merely an update of A&A 1942.  I am looking forward to this game even more now.

• Wait wait wait…that can’t be right.

Australia is 2 territories, but both only 1 IPC?

Then um…can you put an IC on either of them?
    Does it start with one?
    Is the 2 IPC minimum value not a requirement for an IC?

• @oztea:

Also, if each territory was 1 IPC, then no ICs could ever be built in China, which is also a good thing.

(Though I would like a special rule that the US can always mobilize one Infantry in China if it controls at least one Chinese territory & India is held by the UK)

We don’t know yet how the ICs will be on this version but my guess would be to retain the Spring 1942 system, 1 type of IC that can build the number of units the territory is worth.

@miamiumike:

I do not have the board in front of me, so, I do not have all the changes, but here are ones I do know:

MM

How come you have the board before it has been released?

• Customizer

Sounds like a review copy. How does one become a reviewer? Does having a crappy blog and a vulgar A&A podcast help? I have those! I’ll need review copies of all of the games coming out from now on if it’s not too much trouble WotC!

http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/

• @Most:

Sounds like a review copy. How does one become a reviewer? Does having a crappy blog and a vulgar A&A podcast help? I have those! I’ll need review copies of all of the games coming out from now on if it’s not too much trouble WotC!

http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/

Unless Variable (who is the only one with a known copy) confirms this information or he posts an image of the new board on another site this is unverified information. A new guy comes to the board and claims that he has seen the map? Well, I say, prove it  :mrgreen:

• @miamiumike:

MM

Wow…if this is true then essentially this IS the AA50 reprint…some new sculpts…revised rules, setup and new map essentially…on top of that its almost guaranteed that the same scuplts if not more will be redone- along with other map corrections and such for the new E40 and P40 in the fall…very exiciting.  WOTC has finally done it right- about time.

• AA50 sans Italy and China

• @questioneer:

Wow…if this is true then essentially this IS the AA50 reprint…

I noticed it as well that’s why I want proof of what he’s saying, since I don’t believe that they would just copy the AA50 map, stick some new rules and call it the 2nd edition of ‘Spring 1942’.

• '10

@Cromwell_Dude:

@Hobbes:

@questioneer:

Wow…if this is true then essentially this IS the AA50 reprint…

I noticed it as well that’s why I want proof of what he’s saying, since I don’t believe that they would just copy the AA50 map, stick some new rules and call it the 2nd edition of ‘Spring 1942’.

Same thoughts here.

Couldn’t agree more.

They are gonna sell a game that goes for hundreds of dollars, upgrade it with recent rules, then charge $60 for it?
    Seems highly unlikely.

• i don’t have any reason not to believe the guy but if they were to reprint AA Anniversary do you really think they’d charge $300 a pop?  :? Come on now.

• '10

Get real, man! Where did you get I was suggesting $300?

They are charging $90 each for the new Europe and Pacific games. They could easily ask that for a reprint of Anniversary.

• @spc71:

i don’t have any reason not to believe the guy

How about a prank? Or, do you believe everything that is posted on the internet, or from someone new to the forums?

Until proof, it is either speculation or misinformation.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m