• Here is a balance suggestion.

Add a french tranny to zone 105.
    Now Germany would have the choice of either focus on France and royal navy and watch normandy be evacuated, or kill the tranny or attack normandy spreading his force.

This is a actual choise Hitler had during the invation of France, so it be good from a historical point of view as well.
    It might make France somehow more exiting to play.

• @ErwinRommel:

Here is a balance suggestion.

Add a french tranny to zone 105.
    Now Germany would have the choice of either focus on France and royal navy and watch normandy be evacuated, or kill the tranny or attack normandy spreading his force.

This is a actual choise Hitler had during the invation of France, so it be good from a historical point of view as well.
    It might make France somehow more exiting to play.

+1

• TripleA

nice idea. though I wouldn’t evac those units. I would send it over to brazil side and eventually transport some brazilians that usually sit there all game. Why would you take 2 units off normandy? maybe to defend uk if he wants to chuck a minor on egypt round1.

• Add the french tranny to 105 AND put a UK infantry in it, and one of the French infantry on UK on it.

I wanted Larry to do this from the start, so that G1 starts at Dunkirk, right as the evacuation is underway.
    The Germans didn’t want to risk interfering with the evacuation and risk screwing up the capture of Paris.

However, their choice to not interfere made sea lion impossible later on……

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Sz105 is no where near dunkirk…

and it’ll just die in the opening round.

I don’t really see the gains here?

• I like the idea altho I’d put it in SZ109 with the UK DD and TT. This way it would survive the first round (normally) and Germany would have to make the choice of taking normandy and Paris or leave the forces on Normandy to be evacuated. I’d even go as far as adding a second french transport to either SZ91 or SZ93 to get the French forces in South France evacuated or to bring over french forces from London to North Africa where they could be used (while the axis still have the option of whiping these transports or troops out before the French could use them). This would even make France a bit more useful.

• @Gargantua:

Sz105 is no where near dunkirk…

and it’ll just die in the opening round.

I don’t really see the gains here?

well I dont think ger can afford to send an unit to sink that transport without risking his air in standart open. that s why I liked it so much, adds some variations to g1 + early allied play in atl

• TripleA

yeah a french transport to pick up brazilians sounds good.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Or maybe, to put a few Frenchmen in Gibraltar?

• Morocco is also a good choice.

• TripleA

wtf? you would take 2 men off of europe that usually kill 1 german inf… you know how hard it is to get men to europe and you just take em off? the hell. why not load some brazilians on a french transport?

• there is really no reason for france to get brazil since it cant use those 2 ipcs for anything.

• TripleA

i am not sayin take it with france. just saying bring the empty transport there so when usa or uk takes it… blam it can load up. normally those units just kinda sit there in brazil.

• I am up for any new French units. I love killing them.

• I’d say no as the success of Operation Dynamo was largely due to Hitler holding back the Panzer divisions that had reached Dunkirk before the evacuation began. He wanted to make peace with Britain and he thought that the annihilation of the BEF would harden our resolve.

The idea that he choice between Dunkirk and Paris came a bit later on when Hitler ordered the Panzers  south and gave the Luftwaffe the command  to attack the beaches instead.

• WHOOPS, I was talking about 110

• might as well talk up an Alpha+4, Alpha+5 anyone???  +6, +7???  C’mon guys, let’s not stop at Alpha+87. :roll:

• I guess im just dreaming then… Sad thing UK fleet destined to be at the bottom of the sea and French units doomed to be trapped in France. Very little flexibility for Germany as well, with so little need to take Normandy round 1, and enough units to sink the allied fleet safely.

Any bid will be placed in Alexandria or Sudan, and that can be realy bad news for Italy.

• TripleA

setting up the board alone is bad news for italy, lol.

• Yea, Italy is so hamstrung because it just can’t get any help from Germany in Africa for so very very long.

Even if you take S. France on G1, and build transports there G2, and land somewhere in Africa by G3…not only have you set yourself back in the east by a small but crucial amount…

But Gibraltar is about to be swarming with US units and transports before I3…so whats the point of marooning a bunch of Germans in Africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m