What would happen if the costs changed to…....

• Infantry-1
    Mech-2
    Arty-2
    Tank-4
    AA-3

Fighter-8
    Tac-9
    Bomber-10

Sub-4
    Destroyer-6
    Cruiser-8
    Carrier-12
    Battleship-16
    Transports-5

Air base-7
    Navy Base-7

Just a random thought

• Drop fighters to 6 ipc. Sounds crazy but is more realistic. People will use them more. They would use their combat values if opponent has planes in combat. if opponent doesnt have planes present fighters attack @2, defend @2 against land and sea targets.

• Customizer

@empireman:

Infantry-1
    Mech-2
    Arty-2
    Tank-4
    AA-3

Fighter-8
    Tac-9
    Bomber-10

Sub-4
    Destroyer-6
    Cruiser-8
    Carrier-12
    Battleship-16
    Transports-5

Air base-7
    Navy Base-7

Just a random thought

I think you would see Germany fighting UK with subs rather than planes and far larger fights vs Russia.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I may try this for AA41.

• Infantry would be spammed, and the game would therefore become very defensive in nature, more than it already is. Right now, a tank is twice the cost of the tank, for about twice the power. With these costs, a tank is four times the cost of an infantry, and is still only about twice as powerful. This makes tanks 50% less effective.

I suggest making infantry 2, and make mechs and artillery 3.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I agree with LB.

Infantry spam would be the way to go.

I used to be able to buy 6 inf, OR a battleship.  now I can buy 16 inf…  Same for tanks as LB mentioned… 4 inf to 1 tank, instead of 2.

This was enough of a probably in classic, that some people said “Infantry breaks the game”.

The other concept you could try… divide all current costs by 1/2, and make it mandatory to buy 2 infantry for $3.  You could also pick an arbitrary number for tac’s.  (honestly they should cost the same as fighters, they are no better or worse).  Make transports cost 4.

Theoretically, the dice effect on the game would diminish, because you’d have so many units on the board… but then managing units, or the “potential” of units - like when trying to calculate if you can defend your capital, become burdensome.

• @Gargantua:

I agree with LB.

Infantry spam would be the way to go.

I used to be able to buy 6 inf, OR a battleship.  now I can buy 16 inf…  Same for tanks as LB mentioned… 4 inf to 1 tank, instead of 2.

This was enough of a probably in classic, that some people said “Infantry breaks the game”.

The other concept you could try… divide all current costs by 1/2, and make it mandatory to buy 2 infantry for $3.  You could also pick an arbitrary number for tac’s.  (honestly they should cost the same as fighters, they are no better or worse).  Make transports cost 4.

Theoretically, the dice effect on the game would diminish, because you’d have so many units on the board… but then managing units, or the “potential” of units - like when trying to calculate if you can defend your capital, become burdensome.

Yeah I know how much inf they will be, Russia buys 36 Infantry every turn.

@Variable:

I may try this for AA41.

Yeah, this would be great for aa41, cause the units will be so little, like germany attacking with 7 Infantry, 3 tanks, 2 fighters.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m