Regarding the Mongolian neutral territories

• While playing with my usual group yesterday we had a disagreement on what happens if you attack the mongolian-neuts and what happens to the rest of the world-wide neutral territories.

So if Japan chooses to attack into the mongolian territory, before he has gone into russia (so mongolians are still considered neutral), Buyant-Uhaa for an example, does this action leave the rest of the neutrals around the world as “Pro-Allies” and ready for grab or are the mongolian not a “true” neutral, but just there to give russian something if japan attacks into russia.

Thanks for any responses - much appreciated.
    Been lurking the forum for some months now after our group recently started playing the Global board game, and there have been many-O helpful posts here!

• My understanding is that they count as being pro-Allies and activate the other neutrals as well. Similarly if the Soviet Union invades Mongolia then they would be pro-Axis and activate the other neutrals in the same way.

• @Paksos:

My understanding is that they count as being pro-Allies and activate the other neutrals as well. Similarly if the Soviet Union invades Mongolia then they would be pro-Axis and activate the other neutrals in the same way.

Paksos is correct.  If Japan jumps the gun and attacks a Mongolian territory, it flips every Mongolian territory that wasn’t attacked as well as every other true neutral on the European board to Pro Allies.  This would also occur if Japan attacked Amur, etc for the first time on the same turn as attacking a mongolian territory while Mongolia is still neutral.

There is one exception. “In addition, the Mongolian territories will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union.”

That means that the Allies on the Euro Board can attack a true neutral and Mongolia will be the only true neutral on the board that will not change allegiances.

• thank you for the answers, that was my understanding aswell, but my group couldn’t agree on it so i wanted to clear out things.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m