• TripleA '12

Hey guys, I am trying to put together a list of notes for Pacific 1940 for ease of gameplay purposes, and I’m currently revising the Conduct Combat phase. I think the step sequence for this phase should like something like:

**1. Enemy scrambles Fighters/Tactical Bombers

2. Enemy announces Kamikaze attacks (Japan only)

3. Strategic Bombing Raids

4. Amphibious Assaults**

5. General Combat

Do I have that all down correctly? Is there anything I’ve forgotten? Just want to make sure everything’s covered.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• @Lozmoid:

Hey guys, I am trying to put together a list of notes for Pacific 1940 for ease of gameplay purposes, and I’m currently revising the Conduct Combat phase. I think the step sequence for this phase should like something like:

**1. Enemy scrambles Fighters/Tactical Bombers

2. Enemy announces Kamikaze attacks (Japan only)

3. Strategic Bombing Raids

4. Amphibious Assaults**

5. General Combat

Do I have that all down correctly? Is there anything I’ve forgotten? Just want to make sure everything’s covered.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

It would be simpler to identify (4) as all naval combat, as that will need to preceed any amphibious assault to clear a seazone.  Additionally, as amphibious assaults can be paired with a overland assault, so it makes more sense for (5) to be all land combat.

However, it is completely up to the player as to how they run combats, as they may want to base retreat patterns on the results of a single battle, which they may want to run first, and that is always the attackers prerogative (assuming if it’s an amphib, they run the naval combat in that seazone first), so (4) and (5) can be switched around in any order.

Also, per the letter of the rules, 1 and 2 occur at the end of the combat move phase after attacker moves are finalized - not at the beginning of the combat phase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m