Organizing Napoleonic Empires Free For All (tripleA) starting June 12th or later

• '17

I am hoping to start a fresh game, post here if you want to claim a power to play.  The game won’t start until June 12th or later.

If you’re not familiar with Napoleonic FFA check out an example game in Play Boardgames:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27181.0

(Note: I didn’t claim a power for myself yet, I’ll take what’s leftover)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

OTTOMANS!

• '17

Glad to have you onboard.

5 more players needed  :-D

While I’m on vacation, feel free to bump this thread if it gets buried.

• Customizer

I’ll take Sweden or Spain, depending on if anyone really wants the other one.

• '17

Game roster so far:

Noll - UK
    Gargantua - Ottoman Empire
    Veqryn - Sweden or Spain
    wheatbeer - ?

Still need 4 players.

Available nations:
    France, Prussia, Austria, Russia
    plus Sweden or Spain

• yep me for the UK!

GARGANTUA SURELY LIKES THE OTTOMANS! BWAHAHAHAH

• '17

My vacation starts now, I’ll check back on June 11th or 12th.

• hmmm, I’ll bite. I’m thinking Russia this time around. Screw naval power, I don’t need it.

• Customizer

If you guys are brave enough, we could do this on TripleA 1.6 (should be released before next next weekend, which is June 16th)
    There will be a number of small changes to the next version:

1. Political actions will no longer cost money (to make it easier for Play by Forum)
    2. The National Objective will now be awarded simply for killing at least 1 unit during your turn, with no restriction that the TUV has to be 6 or more.  The Objective will now only be worth 4, instead of 6.  (it is too confusing otherwise)
    3. England will require having 1 more VC for victory.  (UK is too easy to play if you have any idea what you are doing)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I enlist in 1.6!

• @Veqryn:

If you guys are brave enough, we could do this on TripleA 1.6 (should be released before next next weekend, which is June 16th)

1. Political actions will no longer cost money (to make it easier for Play by Forum)
    2. The National Objective will now be awarded simply for killing at least 1 unit during your turn, with no restriction that the TUV has to be 6 or more.  The Objective will now only be worth 4, instead of 6.  (it is too confusing otherwise)
    3. England will require having 1 more VC for victory.  (UK is too easy to play if you have any idea what you are doing)

What about moving political action to the beginning of one’s current turn? Like Global40? wouldn’t that speed the game a lot?

• That could be a nasty surprise for the people at the start of the round if a supposed ally or friend gets the jump on them by declaring war and invading without any heads up. At least this way, you have your turn to react to what’s coming down the pipe.

• Seth but I think there’s rules preventing you to DOW on an ally. So you have to go to neutrality before dowing.

• Customizer

@Noll:

@Veqryn:

What about moving political action to the beginning of one’s current turn? Like Global40? wouldn’t that speed the game a lot?

It is done at the beginning of each round so that all the “politics” and talking about politics, and sending private messages about politics, all gets done at one time.

Otherwise, especially with live games, people spend their whole turn negotiating.  Then when their turn is done, everything get renegotiated next turn.  Stuff ends up taking forever.

• '17

updated game roster:

Noll - UK
    Gargantua - Ottoman Empire
    Veqryn - Sweden or Spain
    seththenewb - Russia
    wheatbeer - ?

Still need 3 players.

Available nations:
    France, Prussia, Austria
    plus Sweden or Spain

Since we need to recruit a couple more players anyways, I am fine with waiting for updates (especially no cost politics).

• C’mon guys join us!

• Customizer

• Customizer

Cow suggests we turn on the game option that allows bombardment casualties to fire back before dying.  I’m open to this.

Do we have enough people to start?

• lol turning down it in the game where I wish to play UK, sounds fair  :-D

Anyway, Cow, did you take into account that in this game 1transport cost 8IPCs and transport only 1land unit?

• Transports can land two units if you’ve got a marine + inf/art/cav or what 4 marines? Marines attack increases in amhpib assault as well.  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m