This works in any game where you are playing with tech. At the beginning of your turn you can buy 1 die to roll. You can spend between 1 and 5 IPCs. Your likelihood of successful espionage increases the more you spend.
$1= 1 hits
$2= 1 or 2 hits
$3= 1, 2 or 3 hits
$4= 1, 2, 3 or 4 hits
$5= 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 hits
For instance if you spend $2 and roll a 1 or 2 then your espionage is successful. If you spend $5 you will be successful if you roll anything but a 6.
If you are successful, you now roll a second die to see the outcome of your espionage.Espionage chart.
1) Steal enemy technology - you get 1 tech of your choosing that is owned by an enemy power, and they lose it
2) Copy enemy technology - you get 1 tech of your choosing that is owned by an enemy power, and they keep it
3) Sabotage enemy technology - you get nothing, but an enemy power loses 1 technology of your choosing.
4) Copy technology from a friend- you get 1 tech of your choosing that is owned by a friendly power, so you both have it
5) Share technology with a friend - a friendly power of your choosing also gets a technology that you already have
6) Double crossed - You get nothing but an enemy power of their choosing gets to share one of your technologies!