• i seem to have pushed the states out of the pacific. but now i don’t know what i should do, either push into north amarica or turn my full ataintion to taking the rest of Asia

• On 2002-03-06 18:50, mini_phreek wrote:
    i seem to have pushed the states out of the pacific. but now i don’t know what i should do, either push into north amarica or turn my full ataintion to taking the rest of Asia

• I think you should just spend the rest of the time carving up Asia. Before invading America be sure to take all of the South Pacific.

• Knowing what turn you are on would really help us. But assuming you are on an early turn, your priorities should be:

1.) Help your ally. Germany and Japan are outnumbered at the start of the game, so cooperation is paramount. If Germany needs major aid (and they usually do), launch an all-out strike against USSR. If Germany is doing OK then reduce the Western Allies’ assets in East Asia (namely China, Ssinkiang and India) 1st. But don’t let Germany down. Help in any way possible–try flying in FTR’s and BMR’s ASAP! Think about it–if you can eliminate an Ally you even the odds and maybe even win the game outright.

2.)Keep an eye on the USA. Sure, you are doing well now, but what will USA build next turn? They have a lot of money. The goal isn’t necessarily to kill the USA, just prevent it from launching a counterstroke against you in the Pacific. As long as you OWN the Pacific, you can be a lethal threat, but once you lose it, your help to Germany will rapidly diminish and your importance in the game will vanish.

Just some thoughts.

Ozone27

• ASIA

• I disagree Ozone, if you take the time to tot up the toal IPC count of both the axis and the allies forces, they both come to about 450 IPCs I think (not including IC’s). I don’t have the actual figures with me, but they are of that magnitude and they are within about 10 or 20 IPCs of each other.

Given the amount of carnage the axis generaly cause on T1, ie sink british fleet, and pearl harbour, after T1 the axis is usually significantly better off wrt troops and actually outguns the allies.

The problem is that Germany is overstretched and japan is too far away from the allies, so the 3-on-1 europe situation develops, and it is that which outguns germany.

As for what Japan should do with their fleet, there is no one right answer, and you must balance the threats with the actual costs. You won’t be able to take the states, but you can worry the US into thinking you might :smile:.

• ASIA

• Thanks People, i’ve got the overall imprestion that asia should be my choice of action. and i thank you for your input.

• Everyone else has basically said it, Asia.

Allied held Pacific Islands - 4 IPCs

Thats 2 Asian Provinces, much more money in Asia.

• I consider taking the Altanic (w/ Madigascar and Brazil) a great little side quest for the Japanese Navy in the 2nd or 3rd turn. I mean with Japan taking all of the coastal territories, there’s not much need for the Japanese Navy. So why not load one or two transports and send them to take over those islands. it’s great when Japan takes 8 IPC worth of territories for 1 inf (if you’re lucky) and the best part is that it’s hard for the Allies to take 'em back.

• I agree, disrupting America for 3 turns can and will win you the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m