(Help) Germany starting move for Barbarossa (no sealion faint)

• Hi all,
    I’m new to A&A and I’ve looked everywhere here for a detailed starting move for Germany to go vs USSR, but haven’t found one.
    The player Cow was mentioning something along these lines in his Japan playbook thread:
    “I seldom do sea lion honestly. I just push russia. I don’t do anything fancy. round 1 france and yugo that’s it. finns and that other spot for extra infs.  g2 push everything up to russia. take normandy 2 guys and air. the rest push. then you push russia g3.”

So I’m asking for detailed buy and move for G1 for Barbarossa with the intention to hit Moscow as early as possible.
    Thank you in advance.

• TripleA

10 inf or inf /artillery mix round 1. round 2. buy mostly artillery in germany and get mech/tanks in west germany. round 3 mostly artillery in germany (these units make it to russia round 8 by marching over), get mech/tanks in westgermany. declare war on russia round 3 usually.

round 4 is when things mix up. IF usa is going full pacific and no atlantic. gets all mech/tanks (your showdown with russia is round 8). If there is some pressure like a split buy or something. get 10 inf/arty in germany (round 9 is your showdown round with russia) and in west germany / france get enough ground to counter a landing somewhere and some air units if he has too many transports and not enough naval for you.

All you do is count the spaces after that. you place infantry/artillery in novgorod and ukraine if they make it to your all in on russia at the target time (round 8 or round 9). buy infantry/air to defend the homefront, leftovers go to mech/tank in germany if they make it to russia at the target round.

The round before you attack russia, buy all tanks in ukraine and volgograd and bombers in west germany or tactical fighters in novgorod. get all your air units in range as well. Then you all in with all available units.

It helps if japan takes calcutta, stays alive (unless there is an opportunity to go for a pacific win like usa is by japan and anzac is undefended or something)… Japan should go for the win at this time as well even if it is a longshot…  you just got to fire on all cylinders, 90% on russia and a 15% for the last pacific vs… sounds like a good plan.

If russia only bought infantry for the whole game for some odd reason… or if russia has no mech/tanks… you can back off from russia for a round. take all your mech/tanks down and get that middle east money and come back up top. (at round 5 if you see little russian offense buy more infantry/artillery in germany and make your new target round 10.

After you declare war you need to advance into russia every round. 1 really big stack going north and 1 smaller stack down south. Have italy takedown any lone infantry with the 2 tanks

Any big stacks of russians find themselves in novgorod or karelia or something… go ahead and trap them and kill them (you should be able to kill russia a round sooner if say he let 10 infantry die up there.

Italy only needs to send 2 tanks (you should have a couple of stragling infantry or artillery following it as well) to assist you. the rest of italy goes toward an african campaign. Have italy keep trying to do something down there… stop if you can’t get egypt before usa shows up.
    ~

sometimes your 7 infantry up by finland won’t make it to russia till round 10, so you can adjust your all in for that round.

Round 10 is the safest or latest to plan for. As long as japan is doing good you should plan for round 10. If japan goes bad and allies will make their way into russia soon or if you can take russia a bit sooner for some reason then just go all in sooner than waiting.

Just visualize victory. If russia gets no help, you got him. If russia gets too much help, japan should be doing something somewhere to get his win.

~

use your air to clear out uk naval pieces in the medit sea. you don’t want to get convoy disrupted in sz 97 because that is  -12 ipc a round. It is inevitable but you just got to delay that as long as you can, and not do anything too crazy… and only fight if you got overwhelming air to his naval.
    ~

If you remember 1 thing and 1 thing only. just visualize the pieces that will make it to the round you want to attack russia. you can have guys blitz around and take russian income away or get middle east money, but they must be able to come back in time for when you want to all in on russia.

sometimes the only cash you can spare from defending the homefront is tanks or mech in ukraine and volgograd… this is okay. Russian win means nothing if france gets liberated and holds for some miracle reason.

• Fast as possible would mean an attack G2.  Build 7 artillery in Germany and save $2.  Take Southern France with mechs and air units from Poland and Hungary.  All other ground units within range take France.  Navy and planes should attack UK fleet in z91, z110 and French fleet in z93 (because with no sea lion threat Italy will be hit hard in z97).  Transport 2 infantry to Norway.  Everything else goes to Hungary. Activate Bulgaria and Finland.  In the last dice roll of the battle of France, lose artillery before mechs.

On G2 you will declare war and attack East Poland.  Build 10 mechs in Germany, a sub, maybe a tac and start building infantry in West Germany.  Strafe Yugoslavia with 1 infantry from Hungary and all remaining mobile units from France and Southern France then retreat after 1 round to Hungary (Italy gets Yugo I2).  Artillery from Germany NCM to Hugary.

G3 onward build 10 mechs in germany and land all tacs and bombers in East Poland.  Advance 1 territory per turn with air support.  You can go either North or South.  When you take Novgorod or South Ukraine do it with mobile units rather than inf/art because you want them to cath up with the spearhead next turn.

If you can figure out a way to get Japanese planes over to the eastern front you are golden.  Keep Italy’s defenses up in Northern Italy and slowly build a stack of infantry in Norway in case of US/UK invasion.

Exterminate the Bolshevik no later than round 6.  Do not stop.

• Thank you both so much for the help!
    Its so much easier to play and learn when you have a strategy.
    What a great forum this is!

• G1: Buy 7 Inf 2 Art, Save 1

Hit the UK ships in SZ111 and 110 with your aircraft and BB as support
    Hit Normandy with 2 Inf 2 Art from Holland, send rest after Paris
    Hit Paris with all ground units from WGr, the 3 Arm from S.Germany and remaining units from Holland.  You can add a Tac from the Eastern front that cannot reach the SZ’s in the Atlantic
    Send the S.Germany Inf/Art + Romanian units (leave 1 Inf) into Yugo for 1 round of Combat.  Retreat after 1 round back into Romania

NCM 1 Inf from Norway into Findland, place 4 Inf there
    NCM 1 Inf from Romania into Bulgaria, place 4 Inf there
    NCM 11 Inf from Berlin to Poland
    NCM AA from Berlin to Poland
    NCM AA from Wgr to Berlin
    NCM 1 Ftr from Romania to Rome
    Place 7 Inf, 2 Art on Berlin

Collect your IPC (You should be around 69 or so)

G2: Buy 6 Inf, 3 Art for Berlin (30 IPC), Buy 3 Mech, 4 Arm (for Wgr)

Depending where the Russian aircraft are, you can SBR Leningrad if you landed your bombers in Wgr.
    Attack E.Poland from both Poland and Romania, send 3 Tac from Wgr in support, land them in Poland
    NCM Bulgarian units to Romania
    NCM Ground units from Berlin to Poland (bring the AA)
    NCM the AA in Poland to E.Poland
    NCM the Armor/Mech in Paris to Berlin
    NCM all units in Normandy to Paris, keep surviving Inf/Art in Paris

Collect 50 something IPC

Now you have lots of choices from this point forward - just remember to NCM your AA guns in behind to deter Russian counters with aircraft.  You want to focus on funneling units through E.Poland and going north or south with them.  This forces Russia to split its units or concede the north or south to Germany.

So to plan forward, you have this:
    3 Arm in E.Poland - they are at the front
    6 Arm in Berlin (plus any Mech from Paris) - they will hit the front on G3
    4 Arm, 3 Mech in Wgr - they reach the front on G4

So a potential move is a G3 Attack from Poland that is 7 Inf, 3 Art, 3 Arm from E.Poland and 6 Arm (Plus any Mech) from Berlin.

You also have a potential G3 move into Belarus with something like 19 Inf and a few Art.  You can support them with Ftr/Tac based out of Poland/Wgr to give them a bump in firing power.

This sets up a G4 move into Leningrad where you can blitz 4 Arm, 3 Mech from your G2 purchase (end G3 in Poland) from Poland to Leningrad, sending your full stacks from both Belarus and the Baltics to give you something in the range of 25 Inf, 6 Art and 13 Arm (plus any Mech you haven’t lost).

This basically sets up Germany to reach Moscow by G7 and you can actually reach it earlier if you ignore Leningrad on G4 and move your entire stack from Belarus and Baltics into Smolensk on G4, enabling you to hit Moscow with a big stack on G5.

I’ve seen Russian players both evacuate Leningrad on R3 or reinforce it.  I can’t say which is best, because its an all in gamble if you give up your reinforcements by ignoring Leningrad.  However, with the ability to SBR Moscow from E.Poland you can sometimes catch the Ruskies with their pants down, particularly if you put an AB on E.Poland to enable Ftr/Tac to join the fray in Moscow on G5.

• '16 '15 '10

I don’t have much experience with this but I wonder if its better to buy mech units from the start?  inf art arm 4 mech, then declare on Russia G2.  Then buy all arm/mech (plus inf/art for your transport) for the next few turns.

The reasoning is you want to get an Allied capital as soon as possible and this way you have a chance of getting Moscow as early as G5, or possibly G6 when you can get the units from Scandinavia there.

But I’d be worried about the 2 front war in France without the sea lion feint.

• If you buy all artillery G1 then your spearhead will have a bunch of artillery in the lead territory and a second bunch one territory back.  At some point in the campaign (i.e. Bryansk or Smolensk probably) you will be able to strafe until your first wave of inf/mech/art are gone, then retreat your tanks back into the second wave of artillery/mech.  You get to use your tanks and air units twice.

• @Vance:

Fast as possible would mean an attack G2.  Build 7 artillery in Germany and save $2.  Take Southern France with mechs and air units from Poland and Hungary.  All other ground units within range take France.  Navy and planes should attack UK fleet in z91, z110 and French fleet in z93 (because with no sea lion threat Italy will be hit hard in z97).  Transport 2 infantry to Norway.  Everything else goes to Hungary. Activate Bulgaria and Finland.  In the last dice roll of the battle of France, lose artillery before mechs.

On G2 you will declare war and attack East Poland.  Build 10 mechs in Germany, a sub, maybe a tac and start building infantry in West Germany.  Strafe Yugoslavia with 1 infantry from Hungary and all remaining mobile units from France and Southern France then retreat after 1 round to Hungary (Italy gets Yugo I2).  Artillery from Germany NCM to Hugary.

G3 onward build 10 mechs in germany and land all tacs and bombers in East Poland.  Advance 1 territory per turn with air support.  You can go either North or South.  When you take Novgorod or South Ukraine do it with mobile units rather than inf/art because you want them to cath up with the spearhead next turn.

If you can figure out a way to get Japanese planes over to the eastern front you are golden.  Keep Italy’s defenses up in Northern Italy and slowly build a stack of infantry in Norway in case of US/UK invasion.

Exterminate the Bolshevik no later than round 6.  Do not stop.

Fast as possible is a G1 Barbarossa.  :evil:

• TripleA

OKAY.

The better players with russia buy a mix bag of units. So if you are pushing round 2 into russia, it is because you strafed yugoslavia and retreated into romania. Then your stack is big enough to hold a spot MAYBE.

Also G2 means russia gets his cash flow NOs from africa a round sooner. Even if you can hold a spot in russia… it don’t change nothing if you can’t move up 1 more spot.

So usually g3 is the round you go.
    ~

also bring 3 aa guns from germany toward russia. you will need those.

I don’t skip yugo. I hit it, if I score 4 htis only then i retreat and hand it off to italy.

• Anybody actually ever made a succesfull quick attack into Russia and captured moscow after 4 rounds of starting barbarossa?

If I spearhead through Russia, I always lose valuable units and get stuck before moscow. I always go for a wide front approach (including invading through finland, where those transports that you buy to fake sealion come in handy) and try to bleed Russia to death.

• TripleA

Once but the guy was a novice, he had a big stack stuck up north which got trapped.

• Thank you, Cow, Vance and Spendo02 (very detailed guide thx) for your guides and thoughts. They have helped me and maybe others to get started.

Please stick to the topic, this is not a discussion since newbies like me wont benefit from that, just get us more confused. Please reply with detailed starting move (like Spendo02’s).

Please explain the abbreviations you use.
    What is SBR?
    and how exactly do you strafe?

• TripleA

strafe is all luck, basically if you have a mid size stack say 9 guys and it is next to a guy with 27 guys… he will attack you with 14 guys hoping for 4-8 hits and hoping you only hit 3 times… then he retreats. it is a hit and run.

SBR is short for strategic bombing run. with bombers or tacticals.

• SBR = strategic bombing raid
    Strafing is the art of attacking a territory without the intention of actually taking it. This can be done for many reasons. Maybe you want to weaken it so an ally can take it, taking it might expose your units(especially expensive armor) to a solid counter, fast movement to the other side, an air only attack to clear for an allied blitz, or you need to keep your units in a certain key territory but want/need to kill some units.

A common strafe that you might see is the Germans hitting Yugoslavia strong enough to kill 2-3 units first round and then retreating after one round so Italy can walk into it without losing too much.

If you’re feeling very bold, you can try a G1 Barbarossa. This is can be used in conjunction with a J1 DOW if you want, but it could stand on it’s own as well. The earliest goal would be a G5 Moscow take, but you might have to for aim for a G6-7 take depending on what’s going on. A G5 is possible if Russia makes a mistake, you get good dice, or you can bomb him down.

G1 Purchase 4mech, arm, dd or 3mech, arm, bmb or 6mech, arm

Attacks

Send all ground units in Holland, W. Germany, and an armor from S. Germany to France. Lose arty over mech,  unless you get really diced. You should have enough firepower that you won’t need the arty and you’ll need the mobility later.

ss, bb, 2ftr, tac, 2bmb vs sz110
    2ss, 2ftr, 2tac vs sz111
    ss vs sz91 with the goal of helping Italy out on UK attacks
    ss vs sz106
    2inf, arm from poland + tac from Ger against Baltic
    inf poland, 2inf hungary, all 4 tanks in range against E. poland
    2inf romania + tac pol against bessarabia
    DON’T hit yugo on G1 or I1, save it for G2.

On noncom, fly the ftr in hungary to S. Italy to help dissuade a UK hit on sz97. It can still hit bess or ukraine next turn. All in Ger to Poland and all in S. Ger to Hungary. You could send the tac in Ger against sz110 and the ftr to bess and polish tac vs baltic instead. Even if UK scrambles in either though, you’ll have good odds and should kill all the RAF in exchange for some air. USSR might counter Baltic, so maybe change the arm there to an inf and send the armor against E. Poland instead. All Nwy to finland and activate. Move the danish inf over to norway. Place the dd in sz113 with your cruiser/trn and then place all ground in germany. You could add 2 more mech instead of the dd, but then you risk losing the ca/trn to the soviet sub. Leave Bulgaria for Italy since they’ll likely have issues in Africa with no Sea Lion threat. Don’t strafe/hit yugo with Italy either.

G2 buy depends on if UK scrambled. You might need to replace a ftr or two, but only do so if you really really need their D/scramble. For 60ipc, a bmb + 10 mech/arm is a good buy as well. Maybe get the dd if you didn’t last turn and your trn is still threatened. AA guns + your air should be enough to dissuade UK from attacking wgr, but you might feel the need to get a couple inf. So long as you buy at least 10 mech/arm in germany!

Trade terr against ussr were you can. Advance your inf/art/aa in Pol/Hun to E. Poland or split the Ger stack to Baltic as needed. Hit Yugo with 2inf from Hun, an arm from E. Poland going through romania, and your 4mech, 4arm from paris. Don’t send any air! You want to retreat to romania after one rd so that your paris mech/arm have now advanced 3 spaces in one turn. You likely won’t take it and shouldn’t take any hits to your mech either.

If you have non mech/arm leftover in france, you can hit W. France. But I usually leave W. France, S. France, Yugo, Greece, and Bulgaria for Italy since they’ll need the IPC to make up for not having a strong position. Advance your finnish troops to karelia/vyborg with the bulk going to vyborg so you have the option of countering any russian attacks with your tran plus 2inf that moved from nwy to finland. Kill the russian cruiser.

Depending on your first turn buy, you should have somewhere between 7-10 mech, 9-10 armor, 18ish inf, & 5art on E. Poland by the end of your turn. With another 10 mech/arm being built each turn to add to your numbers. Land the 2-3 bombers you have in east poland so you can strat bomb moscow next turn. Try to get your bomber numbers up to 3-4 and replace your losses. 3-4 bombers hitting moscow every turn will quickly crumble ussr just as your mech army is charging at them.

Advance your troops one space each turn. Usually I go the northern route with this strat to pull the russian main army north. E. Poland -> Belarus -> Bryansk -> Moscow. If you can take it on G5, then stage all your air in range the turn prior. Always try to judge when you’ll make the move and stage your air in range a turn sooner. If your bombing campaign has hit a bump or you get some bad dice, you might have to hold off for a turn or two. Just swing some mech/arm down to caucasus/volgo for some extra $$$ and they can quickly turn back and get in striking distance within a turn.

Don’t stray too far into the middle east though. Your #1 priority with this strat is taking Moscow. The longer you hold off taking Moscow, the better chance the allies have. UK and US will soon start landing on your coast and you don’t want to fight a 2 front war. Any troops you divert away from Moscow and into the middle east will mean that many fewer troops against Moscow and that much longer you have to wait on taking the russians out of the game.

As you take factories, start building more troops there so you can cut down on travel time to the front. You have 2 Italian armor, use them to threaten a 1-2 punch to open up the rear or hit moscow when ussr isn’t expecting it. As long as you have enough air threatening a Brit fleet, it’ll take some time before they can effectively land on Europe. Slowly build up some inf in w. germany/france to counter so long as you build at least your 10 fast movers in germany each turn. Italy can help defend the coast. That and the can opener threat will be Italy’s biggest contribution to the Europe win. If they get lucky or UK doesn’t hit sz97, maybe you might be able to grab Egypt with Italy. But you’ll likely have to revert to using the land route through the middle east once Moscow falls.

• TripleA

G1 barb is fun, but there is little to gain.

• @Cow:

G1 barb is fun, but there is little to gain.

Au contraire mon fraire. You kill 7 infantry or about half of USSR’s starting income. And USSR can’t retake EPL. You also threaten S. Ukr right away, forcing USSR to either stack it, abandon it, or trade for a worthless terr costing them even more infantry. Baltic will usually be countered as well. So a lot of times, USSR is going to spend another 4-5 infantry on those counters. That brings us up to about 33-36ipc worth of stuff, or pretty much their entire first turn’s worth of ipcs. So now Germany has built up more firepower and starts off with much more to begin with while USSR is basically just over even and down a terr they won’t ever get back.

But the biggest thing it gives you is a base(epl) to stage your bombers out of a turn sooner. The sooner you start the bombing campaign, the sooner you reap the benefits and the weaker USSR is. G1 take EPL, G2 land bombers in EPL, G3 SBR Russia w/3 bombers, G4+ sbr Moscow with 3-4 bomber/turn as needed. Waiting for a G2 attack means the SBR campaign looks like this; G1 nothing, G2 take EPL/Baltic, G3 stage bombers, G4 SBR away.

Granted there are other ways of starting a SBR campaign sooner. I mean if you really wanted to, you could land those bombers on Romania G1 and plop an AB there, heck do Poland or Hungary if you really wanted to. G2 they take off and land in EPL which you took G1. Which means you have to kick things off G1 anyway, so why spend the $15(half your first turn’s income) on an AB which probably won’t ever come into play again when you’ll need the ground troops to keep the pressure up.

Besides, there’s no way you can use those bombers against sz110/111 if you want them to land in position to SBR starting G2. So now you’re giving up hitting at least one of those fleets and giving UK an instant naval core to build around to start landing troops sooner. Not worth it imho, so G3 is the most realistic SBR start point and I’d rather not spend the cash for an AB when I can take and hold a territory in range of Moscow on G1.

• @seththenewb:

Besides, there’s no way you can use those bombers against sz110/111 if you want them to land in position to SBR starting G2. So now you’re giving up hitting at least one of those fleets and giving UK an instant naval core to build around to start landing troops sooner. Not worth it imho, so G3 is the most realistic SBR start point and I’d rather not spend the cash for an AB when I can take and hold a territory in range of Moscow on G1.

Can’t you reach Leningrad on G2 from wgr?  I mean its not Moscow, but its a start.  I do see the point in starting early against Russia.

• @Spendo02:

@seththenewb:

Can’t you reach Leningrad on G2 from wgr?  I mean its not Moscow, but its a start.  I do see the point in starting early against Russia.

True, I guess I should’ve specified the most rational starting round to SBR on Moscow itself is G3. I don’t usually like to SBR the minors, especially sukr & nov, because they fall pretty fast with this strat. USSR is going to be backpedaling their stack(s) anyway. So they can just build from Moscow & Volgo anyway, leaving you to pay for the damage. USSR will eventually have to pay for the damage to Moscow whereas it’s counter intuitive for them to pay to fix up an IC that’s going to be in enemy hands soon. If you were waiting for a G3 attack, then bombing those minors might help dislodge the Russians from them.

• @g�ddan:

Hi all,
    I’m new to A&A and I’ve looked everywhere here for a detailed starting move for Germany to go vs USSR, but haven’t found one.
    The player Cow was mentioning something along these lines in his Japan playbook thread:
    “I seldom do sea lion honestly. I just push russia. I don’t do anything fancy. round 1 france and yugo that’s it. finns and that other spot for extra infs.  g2 push everything up to russia. take normandy 2 guys and air. the rest push. then you push russia g3.”

So I’m asking for detailed buy and move for G1 for Barbarossa with the intention to hit Moscow as early as possible.
    Thank you in advance.

I’ve never been a big fan of a G1 Barbarossa.  I tried it once and it didn’t work.  You go into Russia half ass basically.  I find that a G2 Barbarossa is best, it still allows you to hit the Soviets fast but that extra round makes all the difference getting the full force of your infantry in.  I just finished a game with my friends last night where I played Germany and I won.  I believe I attacked Moscow round 7 or so and when the battle was over I still had 15 tanks left.  My positition in Western Europe was very strong.  The Brits and Americans took Spain and America was shucking 5 inf and 5 art to spain everyround on top of building three tanks a round by a minor ic there.  They still couldnt take Paris.  Here’s how I started the game:  first purchase was 1 destroyer, 1 Art, 6 Inf.  I started by sending all available ground units into Paris including the 3 tanks from S. Germany with the exception of 2 infantry that I left in Holland.  I strafed Yugoslavia by sending all the inf in S. Germany with the fighter in slovakia and Tac in Poland on there way to southern Italy.  That worked perfectly Yugo was left with 1 inf for the Italians.  I then bombed the Airfield in England so they couldn’t scramble I brought in 1 tac and 1 strat ( the tac was an insurance policy if the airfield was successful with its aa shot) I also used 2 fighters to escort the bomber and tac.  The airfield was taken out, I lost 1 fighter and the brits lost the French fighter. I then sent 2 subs on the fleet off England ( no Scrambles now) and I sent 2 subs and my Battleship against the fleet off Scotland.  I also sent the rest of my available air into both battles.  I lost all the subs and 2 aircraft I believe but the UK fleet was removed in both areas.  The above assault on the UK fleet is a gamble, if the dice dont go your way it can be catastrophic.  My result was about average or maybe a bit above average.  Its worth it though because now he cant send that fleet to the med to cripple the Italians.  My non-combats were the usual moves into Bulgaria and Finland.  I also non-combat everything else to the front with the Soviets.  The next round I purchased 6 mechs and 6 tanks for Germany and 2 Inf for Paris.  I sent everything into the Baltic states going to take novgorod and i a turn or 2 later I sent forces to take the minor ic on Ukraine.  I then went on to take Volgograd and just kept pumping tanks and mechs and bombers from my new russian ic’s.  I also started strat bombing Moscow that helped reduce the size of his stack……think he had 47 inf when i attacked.  This is the best way to play Germany I believe.  One thing to keep in mind is a strong Italy.  The tac and fighter I sent to Rome stayed there until round three, they helped clear the Med of UK ships this allowed Italy to grow strong.  Toward the end of the game Italy was makin around 40 IPC’s a round.  It’s so important to have a strong Italy to help defend W. Europe.  One last thing to mention.  I was helped greatly by getting advanced Artilery.  We play with a house rule that any nation that earns 30+ IPC’s gets one free tech role and germany got advanced art.  That did make it a bit easier but I still would’ve won without that.  Anyway I hope this wordy mistake prone run-on post helps you out  :-D

• So been playing against the AI on TripleA, to speed up experimentation on G1 vs G2 Barb.

I’ve done each three times and I am going to be honest I feel more comfortable with a G2 move on a single basis:

Getting diced on G1 is Bad News Bears in Russia.

With that said, I prefer no feint at all and instead go G1 10 Inf.  I prefer 5 Arm 5 Mech 1 CV on G2 and I land 2 Ftr on the CV and keep the Tac’s on Wgr to scramble.  Its too early for the UK to mass an attack with G1 attacks on SZ110 and SZ111, so you buy yourself 1-2 rounds before you have to worry about landings in Wgr/Norway/Denmark.

ESSENTIALS:
    NCM your AA guns into newly taken territories to deter Russia from a counter that involves its aircraft.  Basically its a free 3 hits you can absorb before taking attack value unit losses with the added bonus of clipping out an aircraft or two.

AB in E.Poland on the round you make your move into and can hold Belarus.  This enables your Bombers and Tac (is TripA rules wrong for TacB able to hit IC’s?) to hit Moscow and land in Belarus.

I’ve found the G2 attack to require both the Yugo Strafe and taking Bulgaria on G1 to be VERY important to reinforcing your flanks and keeping the pressure on in tough to remove stacks of units.

Now don’t get me wrong, the AI is nothing in regard to a human player, but the overall strategy feels safer and stronger on G2.  Even if you CAN eliminate a solid economic value of units from Russia on G1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m