• TripleA

So I been doing this and seeing this done to me lately. Who else does this?

Build a minor off Egypt and drop naval / ground as needed. carrier fighter destroyer type of buys. eventually move into sz 97 and disrupt.
    ~
    I think convoy italy out of the game is a good plan. I don’t have many games with this just a handful. It did keep egypt up without much help from USA and eventually got to convoy disrupt 97.

• And what do you do if Italy drops a destroyer into z97 and a naval base in Northern Italy with 3 Italian/German planes on each airbase?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You DIE.

• Cow, this is a great idea, but you’ve got to knock Italy out of the naval game first.  So don’t bother with naval buys in 98 until then.
    And once you do, I’d go with subs instead.  They can’t be destroyed by a German airstrike.

• TripleA

I moved in with 2 carrier 2 dd bship cruiser 4 fighter.

i used the bship from pacific and cruiser. union africa dd.

after that was easy to get the rest. dd carrier fig. dd carrier fig. dd carrier fig.  
    ~
    also you can sink italy no problem… your air reaches everywhere. :D

also if usa has a small atlantic fleet, may as well chuck it into 97 after merging the two. usually I have something for atlantic… I don’t buy transports with usa anymore in the atlantic. It is all about convoy disruption combined with +15-+19 NO money for russia. getting air into russia… bombers are nice. with bombers you can bomb all the ics, hit germany mech/tanks, pretty much just cheese and be lame is what I do.

I mean this is not aa50 where the most optimal strategy is to double stack uk and usa on france or northwestern europe. it don’t really work out for allies most of the time ESPECIALLY IN LOW LUCK GAMES. There is no way you can get a foothold in time.

Shut em down in 97 is much more realistic followed up with usa air into russia. +15-19 NO for russia from africa. pacific eventually you park in japan to convoy disrupt or trade naval/take islands back in dutch.

~
    check it out if you have enough naval to drop in normandy, those could instead be in 97 doing -10 a round no transports necessary.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m