• I got one of these, and I’m wondering essentially how you add it to your fleet. Who gets first pick? Do you bid on it?

Also is this a good unit?

• I would think that if you only had one, you’d leave it in the middle, and the first person to grab it gets it, but must use it! :D

I find it nice, since it’s a cheap BB that can’t move, but often it’s better to fill out your fleet with a few subs/planes/DD’s and leave it out. A matter of preference really, but I’ve put it to good use! :D

• I’m probably going to use it as long as my opponent doesn’t have a landing ship to land with. Once that happens, I’ll pull it out and his landing ship will be useless!

• Good idea, but watch for ships like Blucher, Krasne Kreme, and Konigsburg who, though Cruisers, have landing stats. ;) They can ruin your day! :D
    Aslo, it’s weak AA 5 is asking for even a Vindicator to take it out, so always have a few cheap fighters flying patrol… it’s worth it! :D

• Yeah, landing is its weakness. But otherwise I’m not concerned–it has 6 armor and 5 hull and a crazy 16 armor.

Honestly I think you’d need 2 landing ships to get by its guns.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

We used it for the first time last night.  My friends son got Italy and the battery worth a total of 125, We split 120 points.  He sank 3 of my French ships with it and I was able to finally crack it wide open with my final hit from a crippeled USS Phelps….oh the drama!!!

• in 6 games involving a HSB that I have played, the side with the HSB only lost once.  The key to versing it is using air bomb attack to knock out its ER4 and then picking away at it or avoiding it completely.  Landing ships with the exception of Blucher are essentially useless.

We used again last night and my friends son couldn’t hit anything with it this time…cold dice.  We kept pecking at it with the HMS Hood and I finally cracked that thing open with the Sovyetskiy Soyuz.

We were saying how cool it would be to have 4 or 5 of those in a game.

This may be my favorite piece in the game, I’m not sure why.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m