Is it a different looking board than 1942?

• Hey, is the game board going to be different than the 1942 board?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Obviously.

• dang that was a fast reply

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Obviously :)

• @Gargantua:

Obviously :)

LOL

I think he ment will the territories be different?

• Customizer

Spring 1942 board was basically almost identical to Revised board, with the only changes being a couple of connection differences in north america.

The art may be different, but will the actual board be different?

• Customizer

I think most of the territories may be the same, the main change will be control of certain territories. In 1941 the Axis hadn’t expanded to their highest point yet so some territories that were under Axis control in the 1942 game will still be under Allied control in the 1941 game. Also, if this game starts in Spring 1941, Barbarossa hadn’t started yet so Russia will still have all it’s territory.

• If the game is really supposed to be playable within 1.5 to two hours then it’d make sense to have fewer territories than we’ve gotten used to. I.e., similar to those in the original A&A game. Anyway, I won’t be buying the game for the game itself, but merely for the new pieces. Still disappointed there’s still no A&A Kursk, Stalingrad, Market Garden, Fall Gelb, Fall Weiss, Fall Blau or whatever. BoTB and Guadalcanal were really something new and I especially really like Guadalcanal. What’s really great about both games is the random hits. I still find it strange that in most A&A games it’s always the infantry that are miraculously hit (-:

• I think this map may be something similar to the original. If the play time is that quick you can’t have that many territories. Unless movement of the units has been changed. Inf moves 2,tanks 3,naval unit 3 or 4. We shall see.

• TripleA '12

I don’t think they’ll change the unit values, but I do reckon the board will be the same physical size as the AA42 version albeit with possibly fewer game spaces. Also, I think we could be looking at the possibility of the land territories being worth more IPCs as well, in order to keep the cash generation going.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m