How do I find out the topic ID of a thread to start a PBEM game?

• I don’t see it anywhere, must be blind….Can someone help here, how do you find out the 5 digit topic ID to put in the tripleA PBEM set up?

One more question, I see people posting income, what they buy, what moves they make, where they put their units, etc etc. Isn’t that shown in the history of the game so you can see what your opponent did?

• ok, found out about the topic ID, not so straight forward….

Right click on your posted topid description and make a note of the 5 digit number (so not with the .0) after the URL.

My other question still stands, is it really required to note down ALL your moves…?

Then, a question maybe more for TripleA. I downloaded an extra map, wanted to play A&A Europe 1940. Done all as described, but both myself and another player then get an error when you open TripleA again and the map is not there. I’ve tried copying it to maps in the TripeA folder as it downloads to your yourname in docuents and settings, but still same error that can be ignored but no map of A&A Europe 1940…Anybody have a better way to download new maps/games into TripleA?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Sounds like you have triple A version 1.3.2.2

You need 1.5 to play Europe 1940.  It says “unstable”  but it’s pretty good…  sometimes you have to use edit mode, to fix planes landing on aircraft carriers etc.

If you play battlemap, it’s helpful for people if you type out all your moves.  ANd since you’ll have to roll your dice manually, it becomes quite mandatory for the process.  That said, if you use Battlemap, you can just do all your NCM’s on the map and then post it without notes, if your opponent doesn’t mind.  But when a conlfict arises later, like planes flying too far or something, it starts to matter, and is helpful to have written notes.

Triple A automatically posts all notes from the turn, so you don’t have to do anything, other than click “post summary”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m