• '16 '15 '10

I’m unclear whether a successful Sea Lion (G1-G3) changes the political situation.

Does the fall of London bring USA and/or USSR into the war or do they still have to wait till USA3/R4?

• @Zhukov44:

I’m unclear whether a successful Sea Lion (G1-G3) changes the political situation.

Does the fall of London bring USA and/or USSR into the war or do they still have to wait till USA3/R4?

pretty sure OOB rules are No, they wait like normal in the instance of an attack.  But Alpha 3 states this:

“If the United States has war declared on it by an Axis power, an Axis power captures London or any territory in North America, or Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war on the UK or ANZAC, the United States may declare war on any or all Axis powers.”

• Official Q&A

In Alpha 3, the USSR may also declare war on European Axis powers on its next turn after London is captured by the Axis.

• @Krieghund:

In Alpha 3, the USSR may also declare war on European Axis powers on its next turn after London is captured by the Axis.

Wich I find a very weird rule. Yes, bringing in the US is a good move but Russia is able to attack directly after sea lion (wich is usually on G3) and will find very little resistance as most of the german’s resources have just been spent on taking london. Maybe allowing the USSR to declare war on the axis powers only after their collect income fase wud be a better option.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@wwestpro:

@Zhukov44:

pretty sure OOB rules are No, they wait like normal in the instance of an attack.�  But Alpha 3 states this:

“If the United States has war declared on it by an Axis power, an Axis power captures London or any territory in North America, or Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war on the UK or ANZAC, the United States may declare war on any or all Axis powers.”

Um….you’re quoting Global rules. (1st hint tipping you off should have been the mention of Japan & ANZAC…no Japan or ANZAC in Europe 1940)

So to answer the OP question. No, it does not bring USA into the war when London falls. OOB rules are pretty clear on that one (See page 19 -21)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m