• Has anyone obtained and used the Rocket Breakthrough against the UK?

Seems like with a 30 IPC purchase of two AB you can average 14 counters on the London IC every turn without having to send a single unit against interceptors and AA guns.

• Rockets launch from Airbases in Alpha +3 now.
    Rockets can only hit Industrial complexes.

Though they cant be shot down, so thats neato.

• In alpha 3 they have range of 4 too.  I guess that’s so West Germany airbase can hit Novgorod IC?

• @oztea:

Rockets can only hit Industrial complexes.

No, they can hit naval and air bases as well.  And multiple rockets can be fired at the same target (a departure from previous versions)

• Rockets is one of the many techs I want as Germany. Unfortunately I only get 1 tech as Germany per game usually (and that’s G1).

The thing with rockets as Germany is you’re now able to hit Russian ICs with strats, which means fewer losses there.

• I don’t know, I think its reasonable to do a tech roll purchase after both Paris and London (if) fall.

You don’t always need 12-13 Trn to take London, so you can possibly spend 10 IPC on G1 or G2 for two rolls (depending on when you want to reveal your Sealion).

If London Falls, its also a good time to take a shot at a Tech roll or two with 80+ IPC to spend.

• Ah see, I like to do Barbarossa. In one game I got 2 techs, Advanced Arty G1 and Advanced Mech G2. Russia built all inf. and I forecasted having about 1/2 of my force left when I marched into Moscow, not counting builds.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m