• '13

I’ve played G40 at home, so I know the rules (as well as anybody does!)
    First game by forum, but my battlemap is set up, so shouldn’t be an issue.
    Prefer A2, but if everybody is playing A3 now, let me know, and I’ll brush up on that.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

Hi Trajan (you like European history? ;) ),

your first game here, nice. I am a beginner as well, and happy to say I had very kind and good players for my three now. If you want an alpha+3 game (standad set up, with or without tech - science tokens method preferred), pls let me know. I can play either Axis or Allies, chose whatever you prefer?

In any case, have fun here. It’s a great place to play :)

• '13

Thanks for writing back…yeah it seems that A+3 is the norm now. Time for me to get with it.
    I’ll post a G1 now. We have to decide on the R/J non-aggression pact right? I suggest 12 IPC for unprovoked attack is in A2. If you think differently, we can discuss. And the Mongolia to pro-allies rule is standard in the forum correct?
    I am not familiar with the science tokens method. If you can describe or point me to the post I’m happy to use, or to go no tech.

I think I’ve been lurking in the forums enough to know to do this…let me know if any issues.

And yes, I do like european history…if you are interested in the Nervan dynasty era, I definitely recommend the bio on Hadrian written a couple years ago (although Trajan better represents my A&A plan to expand my empire across the globe! i’m not planning to sit around building walls here)

• '17 '16 '15 '12

We will have the Emperor discussion at later point. And I can recommend some books as well :)

Re the game: We can use the latest official set-up proposal or do standard alpha+3.
    Last post in this thread is newest suggestion, but I am happy with standard: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7989&start=608

R/J: There is no penalty involved at all, other than Mongolians becoming pro Russian if J attacks a R territory neighbouring a Mongolian terr.

Science tokens: You buy a token for 5 IPC, a roll of 6 is a success. However, if you fail you keep the token and can roll next turn for it (and any new). Once you have a success, all tokens are discarded. You decide.

Bringing kid to bed now, might take some time :)

• '13

Let’s do standard A3 if that’s OK (partially due to laziness…I don’t think that new one has a aBattlemap yet)
    So R can attack J at any time w/ no penalty. And J can attack R at any time, as long as they never attack a territory adjacent to Mongolia (so Novo is no penalty, but Amu attack turns all Mongol to pro-Russia). Understood.
    Let’s do science tokens, sound like fun and I think the Allies need a bit of an advantage anyway. I’m working on a move right now, should be up shortly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m