• So me and my friends really wanna play axis and allies global. Pacific 1940 is easy enough to get, but Europe 1940 has become quite a challenge. We really don’t want to spend $200+. So is there any news on when it will come back out on shelves? or somewhere i can get it for cheap? I really dont want to wait till the end of the year, but if i must in order to get a fair price, i will.

• Customizer

TitaniumSalmon,

First off, a very interesting knickname you have there.

The only “Other” idea I have would be to:

Buy the 1940-Europe gameboard separately on Ebay. They show up occassionaly when someone buys a whole set just for the pieces.

Then populate your new board with the units from HistoricalBoardGaming.com. Almost all of his units are very reasonably priced(some at only .05 each), and I IMAGINE you’d come out better than $220+. Doug also sells the rule books.

Go look at his web-site and add up how much just the units would be and see for yourself. Good luck.

“Tall Paul”

• Thanks dude. I’ll totally look into that.

• Customizer

TS,

I hope it works out for you. There might be a unit or two that are out of stock at
    HBG, but you can click on the button below the item for them to e-mail you when they’re back in stock.

“Tall Paul”

• You may want go to a Wizards Asylum and see if the general manager would be able to locate a copy of it in one of the stores in his region. I called the Wizards hotline basically asking if any plans were in the works to reprint the game and the representative said he hadn’t heard any information about doing so, but recommended contacting the WA in my city. Turns out I was able to get the last copy their stores had in a four state area.

The manager told me that a few years back people kept expecting the 50th Anniversary Edition to be reprinted and it never was, so you might want to throw down the $200 now and keep from being disappointed in the future.

• Oh ok i see thank you! Thats strange though Europe 1940 wasn’t supposed to be a limited edition or anything and was never fully discontinued, all stores are simply out of stock. So i do believe there will be a reprint. Just i guess they dont want to work on it?

• '21 '18 '17 '15

These guys have it, not sure what shipping would be though if your not in Australia
    http://www.milsims.com.au/node/116560

• ohhh might be expensive but thanks ill try to get it!

• I actually ordered it for $60! thanks dangermouse!

• Sorry TL, I want to buy A&A Europe '40, and I want to know if you have recived it from the website…because I want to buy it on the website…
    … thanks…

• If you really want this game, it’s out there, you just have to do some hardcore digging. After hours of digging through websites via Google search results, I got a copy this week (ordered on Tuesday) from an online store for $89.95, just received it today. I am reluctant to reveal my source, for obvious reasons, and I may have gotten the last copy anyway.

In any event, look for local, small game stores that happen to have a website and online ordering available. The only way you’ll get a copy for the original price (or below) is if the retailer does not realize what they have, and just happens to have a copy or two left that has been on their shelves for the last two years and never sold.

If you come across a retailer that claims to have it in stock, verify through e-mail or a phone number; due to my e-mailing to make sure, I actually had two stores change their web sites to say “out of stock” after I asked them to check for me.

They are out there, just takes a mixture of effort and luck to find one.

[Edit: chris77, if you read this, I sent you a PM with the name of the store. I still don’t know if they have any copies left.]

• maybe they are waiting for new pieces so we can have a complete set of french and itlian pieces to complement the new pieces coming with 1941

• @TitaniumSalmon:

So me and my friends really wanna play axis and allies global. Pacific 1940 is easy enough to get, but Europe 1940 has become quite a challenge. We really don’t want to spend $200+. So is there any news on when it will come back out on shelves? or somewhere i can get it for cheap? I really dont want to wait till the end of the year, but if i must in order to get a fair price, i will.

I bought Europe board on Ebay for 30$ and then I shopped at HBG. Great site, easy to browse. My advice, though, is to buy a copy of Spring 1942 for your base needs. Then supplement with HBG for the french units and the TAC Bombers. If you already own Pac 1940, then you will need even less stuff.

And if you’re willling to paint some of your minis (read spray paint to make them a color of your choice), it will reduce your costs again.

• Hey guys.  If any of you are still interested, I have a brand new copy of Europe 1940 that I am selling on Ebay with a bunch of extra pieces (ICs, AA, IPCs, units, dice).  I don’t want to post a link here because that might be against the rules, so if you are interested go to Ebay and search for “Axis & Allies Europe 1940” and you will see mine come up with the title:

“Axis & Allies Europe 1940 SEALED plus Many Extras!! Free shipping to USA/Canada”

• europe and pacific 40 2nd edition in september

• yes reinforcements are on the way, but someone in need was happy to buy that extra copy off me.  I threw in a lot of extra pieces and she gave me a good price for it so a good transaction was had by all.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m