• In the original A&A we played where you could only purchase a max of 5 Inf per turn. We have carried this over to Global but now it’s 5 max per major IC. I like this rule as it forces you to diversify your purchases and sometimes speeds up the game. Russia has only fallen once in 4 games of Global using this. Thoughts anyone?

• Customizer

Personally, I wouldn’t like that rule.  I don’t think there should be limits on any type of unit.  If you have the IPCs to spend, then you should be able to buy as many of whatever unit you want to.  If someone just wants to buy a bunch of infantry, they should be allowed to as long as they can afford it and have a place to put them.

• @crusaders1:

In the original A&A we played where you could only purchase a max of 5 Inf per turn. We have carried this over to Global but now it’s 5 max per major IC. I like this rule as it forces you to diversify your purchases and sometimes speeds up the game. Russia has only fallen once in 4 games of Global using this. Thoughts anyone?

It does make the game different.  Better?  Depends on how you like to play the game.  Some players like more than the ‘basics’ involved in a game (basics = ground unit, ground units and, oh yeah, more ground units)

• Makes sense for the original.  Not needed for Global 1940.  Original had no 4 IPC unit options (Global has 2), tanks defended on a 2, and there were far fewer spaces on the board (so moving only 1 space wasn’t such a downfall).  Totally different game, in fact it’s about 3 or 4 versions and 30 years later.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m