• Currently I am playing a game of global with alpha 3+ set up. I am the Americans and chinese. and looking at the board and the war Germany rolled her first turn (long story short britan lost a 2 cruisers and a fighter, germany lost all but 1 sub, 1 tac 1 fighter and 1 bomber) the people I’m playing with and myself concluded that to balance (in our opinions alpha 3+ still has axis 40% allies 60%) this game which had swayed allied biased first round, we docked America her starting income. It seemed fair to everyone, including myself as america.

Tl;Dr- America starts turn 1 with 0 IPCs, then collects as normal

Any ideas/opinions/questions/comments?

• Japan wipes the pacific if USA can’t (or doesn’t) build some carriers there.

• This is a confusing post, are you saying that after playing G1 of the first round you feel the game is imbalanced?  Might I suggest you play a little further before coming up with that and also don’t quit if London is taken, keep playing until the Victory condition is met.

• i feel like you need to post the combat moves and the scrambling responses so we can help decide whether:  A; Germany spread himself too thin in his combat moves, B; The rolls were purely unlucky for germ, or C; the Alpha 3 truely is allied slanted.  Personal opinion, I think its at least 60% axis 40% allies.

@GeneralT:

Currently I am playing a game of global with alpha 3+ set up. I am the Americans and chinese. and looking at the board and the war Germany rolled her first turn (long story short britan lost a 2 cruisers and a fighter, germany lost all but 1 sub, 1 tac 1 fighter and 1 bomber) the people I’m playing with and myself concluded that to balance (in our opinions alpha 3+ still has axis 40% allies 60%) this game which had swayed allied biased first round, we docked America her starting income. It seemed fair to everyone, including myself as america.

Tl;Dr- America starts turn 1 with 0 IPCs, then collects as normal

Any ideas/opinions/questions/comments?

@Vance:

Japan wipes the pacific if USA can’t (or doesn’t) build some carriers there.

I agree, this gives japan 2 more turns before before he has to worry about the US.  He can easily run at india/aussie and be able to wield back around in time to repel the US after squashing one of them.

• keep playing and you’ll see that the USA spending $0 T1 is a bad idea.

• I personally think that Alpha 3 is in favor of the axis. They win more often than not in our games. IDK that could be just from poor allied planning but they still pull off a few victories.

• TripleA

axis favored by far. gives allies 6 bid.

• Alright Well thanks for the feedback. Looking at the game, I can see how this would give the axis an advantage. I consulted with the other player, and we’ve agreed to let America put 30-40 IPCs worth of units down.

You guys Think that’ll work?

• I think Alpha+3 is much more balanced than before. Not only is Japan not ridiculous, Germany is strong enough to hold off Britain while pulling a Barbarossa (although I don’t believe you can pull Sealion while fighting the Russians).

Each side has the possibility of doing well, but the Pacific VC’s are too easy for Japan.

• I think it is actually fairly hard to win on the pacific baord. I usually am just a distractor for Germany to win.

• Alright I understand what y’all are saying. But what my question is now- How is this game so balanced? Alpha 2+ seemed more balanced, even though it was less fun because super crazy strategies didn’t ever work. Alpha 3+ lets those, but gives the allies more advantages than axis IMO. The AA gun rule gives the allies a lotta hit sinks.

• In the beginning the allies get their buts kicked because the axis have many more units than them. However, the allies can replace their losses somewhat faster, and if the axis don’t acheive victory fast, then the tide is turning. IMO

• I strongly believe the US should not collect income until attacked and am happy with their set up in a3. Once attacked, or T3,  they should get a massive bonus, either a one off, or perhaps simply doubling the A3 revisions would suffice.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m