Any news on reprint of both games ? Im hesitant to buy copies currently ><

• Well I bought Europe 1940 few days ago, great game and wanted to buy pacific and all, then I read about all the misprints in both games, now im wondering should I buy pacific anyway even with the errors? (well Europe has less error but still errors) and the fact that the global rules are fuzzy as of now to play with (yes i know alpha 3 and all but i still want my map and set ups and rules to be fixed first),

Should i wait for reprints of both games (so i can buy both then?  Well i can always sell the old set of keep the bits as extra bits) , anyone has news on this ???

• Buy it now or you’ll find that its out of print and you’ll be left high and dry

The Aniv. cost me some $ at the color printer shop

• '10

Pacific 1940 is still in stock.  My latest info is that Europe 1940 will not see a reprint until Q4 of 2012.  Will be a LONG wait.

• SIGHHHHHHHHHH , just bought pacific for 100 AU >< in a LOCAL SHOP ……sigh…

• Pacific can be had at a discount.  You can get the missing Jap tac bombers and a corrected battlestrip for free through Wizards of the Coast.  Other than some substantial set up changes it appears to be reasonably complete.

I still haven’t decided if I would buy Europe 1940 before a reprint if I happened to come across it locally at list price.  It seems to have bigger flaws than Pacific:  using German figures for Italy, and Russian ones for France, plus the global ruleset is being reworked.  So I’m inclined to wait for it to be reprinted to see if these are addressed.  Q4 of 2012 would be just fine, as it would be a Christmas gift for my son.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Who has a tent?

• @Gargantua:

Who has a tent?

It’s a kosher tent, for Hasidic campers: the hasitent.

• Sponsor

So they have over a half year to fix things, hope that’s enough time.

• @Red:

Pacific can be had at a discount.  You can get the missing Jap tac bombers and a corrected battle strip for free through Wizards of the Coast.  Other than some substantial set up changes it appears to be reasonably complete.

I still haven’t decided if I would buy Europe 1940 before a reprint if I happened to come across it locally at list price.  It seems to have bigger flaws than Pacific:  using German figures for Italy, and Russian ones for France, plus the global rule set is being reworked.  So I’m inclined to wait for it to be reprinted to see if these are addressed.   Q4 of 2012 would be just fine, as it would be a Christmas gift for my son.

wait……WHAT? theres missing tac bombers for japan and the battle strip is wrong ? (ive only briefed looked at whats in pacific after opening  What else do i need to check the game with ? (is there any complete list for both games i need to know that needs fixing or missing besides the faq for both games which ive read ?)

• Customizer

@Red:

I still haven’t decided if I would buy Europe 1940 before a reprint if I happened to come across it locally at list price.  It seems to have bigger flaws than Pacific:  using German figures for Italy, and Russian ones for France, plus the global ruleset is being reworked.  So I’m inclined to wait for it to be reprinted to see if these are addressed.  Q4 of 2012 would be just fine, as it would be a Christmas gift for my son.

I was discussing the Europe 1940 reprint with some others here on the Forum and it seems unlikely that they will fix the pieces problems.  The reprint will mostly have to do with the new setup and rule changes, and perhaps clean up any problems there might have been on the map.  I think it will still have blue Russian units for France and brown German units for Italy.  Making a bunch of new sculpts would cost WOTC/Avalon Hill a lot of money and I doubt they are willing to go to that expense.
    If anyone else has better information than me, please clue us in.  I would be glad to be wrong on this.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Buy IT!! Sheesh…why wait b/c a few pieces arn’t cosmectically correct? I use jap planes from my original A&A for extra tac bombers. Don’t worry about it and let the fun begin!

• Don’t buy it, you should instead spend your money on something a little bit more valuable.  Like a tutor for your horrendous spelling.  Or better yet an Tech guy who can explain to you how to use spellchecker.  THOSE are the things you /really/ need to be spending money on.

• @JimmyHat:

Don’t buy it, you should instead spend your money on something a little bit more valuable.  Like a tutor for your horrendous spelling.  Or better yet an Tech guy who can explain to you how to use spellchecker.  THOSE are the things you /really/ need to be spending money on.

wow i thought the only Remnants of a certain German political group in the 1940’s are in games , didn’t know they still are here in the spelling country lol oh well learn something everyday dont we ? So while i learn my spelling , you can learn you Some FFFFing manners XD

cheers and go club some baby seals while your at it

• Also learn to take criticism.  Now its time to go club a baby seal to get a better deal, Cause I’m Crazy Larry!

• Sponsor

Now Jimmy, I believe you were a little out of line, but I’m not one to talk as I have also said my fair share of sh!t…… That said, there is absolutly no reason to call someone a Nazi… Ever!

• Perhaps, I am from Iowa which always tests among the highest in the nation.  I also live in college town.  I expect my fellow humans to have achieved the basics on education, its a fault of mine.  BTW they have classes on how to use spellchecker if you need help.

• @JimmyHat:

Perhaps, I am from Iowa which always tests among the highest in the nation.  I also live in college town.  I expect my fellow humans to have achieved the basics on education, its a fault of mine.  BTW they have classes on how to use spellchecker if you need help.

oh i see , So i guess having 1 spelling error makes someone fail their “basic human test” , oh so you Do share the same ideology as a certain German political group back in the 1940’s lol Your right , its not your fault people dont live up to your standard doesnt deserve any right to post or anything .

BTW , BTW is not English lol just so you know , you know since your so hard on with these type of things  , oh yeah also they have “how not to behave like A hole” (btw A hole isnt a word either lol) here in Sydney , you know if you need help or anything lol

Cheers and lets all move on from this idiotic conversation on whos the “better human” XD and get back on topic

Now on topic :

For some reason , some of the errors that others stated are not present in my version of pacific (example i have 6 jap tac bombers etc) , so maybe there was a 1.5 print during production ?

• '12

6 is the wrong amount.  There were supposed to be 9.  Or did you mean you did not have the “I only got 6” problem?

• @moralecheck:

6 is the wrong amount.  There were supposed to be 9.  Or did you mean you did not have the “I only got 6” problem?

oh really ? cause i thought people were saying they had 0 , so 6 is actually less >< sigh , then i guess its a problem to my copy too ><

PS: i just bought One  extra copy of both (pacific and Europe) for a fair price of 67 Au each (finally found a place that still has stock lol lucky) , well at least i should have enough game models / parts to play global game right ? (as well as colored chips )

• '12

Another error in Pac40 was the battlestrip. It is reprinted from AA42.  So it has a german roundel and lacks mech inf and tac bomber markings.  WOTC had a fix kit for the tacs and the strips for a while, not sure if they still do.  The fix kit included a new strip and 6 Tacs, the extra 3 were a bonus to make up for the error.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m