• '15

Hi everyone!  I’m looking for a Global 1940 (Alpha +3) game using ABattlemap.  Combat moves can be typed if you require it, but I’d prefer just putting it on the map.  I’m happy with whatever bidding system you might prefer, or no bid at all.

I have played several games over the years at AAMC.net, so while the Global 40 rules are still new to me, playing online is not.

• '15

No one plays Global here, or is it the map game that people don’t like?  I’ll type things out if that’s what ya’ll prefer.  I just really want to play.

• I’ll try it with you but I’m an abattlemap noob….

–Jeff

• '15

Right on Jeff!  Do you have the Alpha +3 extension for ABattlemap?  If not, I can send it to you.

• I think I have it. I can take either side at no bid. Just let me know.

Is there a way to zoom in on the abattlemap screen?

Thanks,
    –Jeff

• '15

Alright Jeff,

Since you don’t have a preference, I’ll play Axis.  A few days ago, Kreighund on the Larry Harris forums (the main playtester guy) suggested a few minor setup changes to lessen the inevitability of the G3 Sealion.  Here they are:

Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.
    Move the UK cruiser in 112 to 111.
    Change the UK destroyer in 106 to a cruiser.
    Move the German transport in 113 to 114.

He also suggested a rewording of the Russian NO so that it covers only original German, Italian, and pro-Axis neutral territories.  It would apply to those territories regardless of the continent they happen to be on.

Since both of those changes seem to benefit the Allies, and he has asked for playtests with them, I thought we’d give this a whirl.  I’m not allowed to post links, apparently, so you can find these changes in the thread titled Sea Lion in Alpha 3 on the Harris Game Design forums.

• Ok, sounds good. You want to start a thread w/ Germany 1 and I’ll respond.

Thanks,
    –Jeff

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m