Will reprint include actual French/Ital figures?

• Since the game is sold out in most places, and global seems to have reached the omega stage a reprinting is to be expected.  That raises the question as to whether the French and/or Italians will get their own figures (rather than blue Russians or brown Germans.)  Anyone know?

• @Red:

Since the game is sold out in most places, and global seems to have reached the omega stage a reprinting is to be expected.  That raises the question as to whether the French and/or Italians will get their own figures (rather than blue Russians or brown Germans.)  Anyone know?

No, there has never been an intention to update the molds.

• Don’t you think making all the french pieces would be a waste since you really won’t get the chance to use them. It would be like classic again with the Russian cv’s and bb’s. I’d rather see the effort and money put into pieces to represent Air and Naval bases.

• Customizer

GeodrivE,

Amen, brother.

I’ve been literally begging for some 3-D Airbase and Naval Base pieces. I had “heard” that FMG was supposed to be producing them eventually, but I don’t know.

It seems to me that Major/Minor I.C.'s, Airbases, Naval Bases, and Fortifications of different kinds would be a REAL MONEY MAKER for either FMG or HBG to produce as EVERYONE NEEDS and USES THEM. I can only hope that they know more about this than any of us(so far).

“Tall Paul”

• '21 '18 '17 '15

@Tall:

I’ve been literally begging for some 3-D Airbase and Naval Base pieces. I had “heard” that FMG was supposed to be producing them eventually, but I don’t know.

It seems to me that Major/Minor I.C.'s, Airbases, Naval Bases, and Fortifications of different kinds would be a REAL MONEY MAKER for either FMG or HBG to produce as EVERYONE NEEDS and USES THEM. I can only hope that they know more about this than any of us(so far).

“Tall Paul”

I use the naval and airbase tokens from Litko, quite nice and HBG sells them now

• @GeodrivE:

Don’t you think making all the french pieces would be a waste since you really won’t get the chance to use them. It would be like classic again with the Russian cv’s and bb’s. I’d rather see the effort and money put into pieces to represent Air and Naval bases.

No.  And it certainly wouldn’t be a waste to do the Italian pieces right since they are sticking around.

It isn’t a $25 game with generic pieces, it is a $100 game.  I find it surprising that with so much other attention to detail, and the obvious interest in the European theater (since it sold out quickly) that the decision was made not to do it right the first time.  It would seem to be a logical stepping stone to expanding the game anyway.

As for air and naval bases, I don’t mind the cardboard pieces.  They aren’t mobile anyway and really are only markers for the territory, not units.

• @Red:

@GeodrivE:

Don’t you think making all the french pieces would be a waste since you really won’t get the chance to use them. It would be like classic again with the Russian cv’s and bb’s. I’d rather see the effort and money put into pieces to represent Air and Naval bases.

No.  And it certainly wouldn’t be a waste to do the Italian pieces right since they are sticking around.

It isn’t a $25 game with generic pieces, it is a $100 game.  I find it surprising that with so much other attention to detail, and the obvious interest in the European theater (since it sold out quickly) that the decision was made not to do it right the first time.  It would seem to be a logical stepping stone to expanding the game anyway.

As for air and naval bases, I don’t mind the cardboard pieces.   They aren’t mobile anyway and really are only markers for the territory, not units.

Hey, if they make 'em great! I’m just not getting my hopes up to see it happen anytime soon. Cause at $100 like you said, I think they would have already made them if they wanted to. To me, I can play with what they gave me and have a good time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m