• Sponsor

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, here’s the deal.   I want to purchase the GLOBAl Axis and Allies.   However, do you still have to request more pieces from the manufacturer with the Pacific 1940 Edition?   Please help me, then I’ll delete post.

WOTC will send you more Japanese tactical bombers and a battle board if you ask for them.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

Do you mean the pacific map when you say battle board?
    And what shoud I write to WOTC? Because I have the same problem.
    Thanks for the answer!

• On the back of the Pacific 1940 Rule Book is the number for WotC.  You can call them and tell them you bought the Pac 1940 game and it doesn’t have all the pieces.

They will take all your info and send you out a pack of pieces and a battleboard.  You should get them in about a week or so.

They know the routine on this issue.

• @Young:

@Cromwell_Dude:

Ok, here’s the deal.   I want to purchase the GLOBAl Axis and Allies.   However, do you still have to request more pieces from the manufacturer with the Pacific 1940 Edition?   Please help me, then I’ll delete post.

WOTC will send you more Japanese tactical bombers and a battle board if you ask for them.

they did not send me any when I asked :(

• Customizer

@ghr2:

they did not send me any when I asked :(

Really?  That’s odd.  When I contacted them via e-mail and asked for a new battle board, they not only sent me one but they included an extra 6 Japanese tac bombers without my even asking for them.

The thing is, they sent out Pacific 1940 with battle boards from the 1942 game so it had different combat values for some units and tac bombers and mech infantry weren’t on there at all.  Also, I guess the game was supposed to come with 9 Japanese tac bombers but only had 6.  They [usually] send out another 6 for your inconvenience I guess.
    Can’t understand why they didn’t send you any when you requested.  Did they give an explanation?  Perhaps it was a limited thing?  Anybody know if this had a time limit?

• Official Q&A

The only limit that I’m aware of is “while supplies last”.  Ghr2, it’s possible that you simply got a Customer Service rep that didn’t understand the situation.  Unfortunately, that happens.  Perhaps you should try again.

Of course, it’s always possible that they’ve run out of spare parts.

• Sponsor

With the Alpha setup additions, perticularly AA guns, the amount of gray chips have also become an issue.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

With the Alpha setup additions, perticularly AA guns, the amount of gray chips have also become an issue.

This is why it is important to save all your old sets!  You can cannabilize them for pieces!

Another option for chips are to go get those miniture poker/roulette sets, they usually come with Red, White and Blue chips (I would not go with more than 3 colors, personally) and add them in for more chips.  The Classic game never had enough either!  So I have lots of extra chips floating around.

Some naval insignia works great to replace the cardboard naval bases - shiney metal, what’s to dislike?  ABs I have some metal infinity symbols I got from a student once, there’s like 30 of them, but I have no idea where they came from.  Sideways they look a little like a propeller, so that works fine there.

Your TB issues may have to be solved differently.

• I have those little poker chips.  Of course they don’t work with the chips provided by WotC.  I do use the blue ones for 10s, but the reds do not stack with the other chips and therefore worthless.

• I wrote to the wizards of the coast about a month ago and I have not heard back from them.  I hope it is just a shortage because Italian Tact.'s just dont kook right on a Japanese Carrier
      I’m glad I own at least one of all the boards two original.
      Grey for the Axis and white for the Allies

@JimmyHat:

I have those little poker chips.  Of course they don’t work with the chips provided by WotC.  I do use the blue ones for 10s, but the reds do not stack with the other chips and therefore worthless.

Eh, they stack for me okay.  Wish I knew who the manufacturer was of my mini-poker set so I could tell everyone which set to get that works with the WOTC chips.  =(

Anyway, just seperate them and use complete stacks from the mini set for one stack and the WOTC ones for other stacks.  Only advice I can give ya.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I carry many different colors of mini poker chips that interlock perfectly with the WOTC chips.
    50 for $2.49

I think more than 3 colors are a mistake.  Red White and Blue are perfect, they’re the three colors of the allies (England, Australia, France and America).

Anything more becomes complicated.

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

I think more than 3 colors are a mistake.  Red White and Blue are perfect, they’re the three colors of the allies (England, Australia, France and America).

Anything more becomes complicated.

Hey Jen, I got these mini poker chips from a seller on eBay.  They don’t fit with the WOTC chips so I put the WOTC chips aside and use the new ones exclusively.  They come in tubes of 50.  I have 5 tubes of white (1) chips, 2-3 in red (5) and blue (10).  I also have 3 other colors:  Yellow (20), Green (50) and Black (100).  Only 1 tube each of those three and it is extremely rare that I have ever needed to use them.  Still, I like having them just in case.  Could you just imagine a tank piece on top of a black chip?

I am tempted to check out Coach’s chips.  If they fit well with WOTC chips, I might consider changing my supply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m