When the new edition comes out, do we buy it all over again or can we upgrade?

• By upgrade i mean buy only the board and rulebook.

I dont know if I wanna buy the whole game all over again so soon.

• @Keodis:

By upgrade i mean buy only the board and rulebook.

I dont know if I wanna buy the whole game all over again so soon.

The Rulebook will very likely be available online as a pdf doc at WoTC’s site.  The original release of Pac40 already is, as are all versions prior.  I would imagine once Eur1940 is finalized, the book and any further official errata will also be available.  Just print it an forget it - probably cheaper than an updated book you could buy from WoTC.

As for the boards, I’m very skeptical that there will be many changes to them.  If anything, they might touch up the contrast on convoy markers and kami zones, as that probably is the least amount of work and maybe, possibly, delete the “50” from W.USA (as that is arguably the most glaring map issue as it is contradicted by the different theater rules & errata and shouldn’t have been on there in the first place) and if feeling daring, maybe update the mobilization board for the AA price change.  I’ll be shocked if they bother with any of the border alignments or spelling corrections.

In my opinion, I don’t know why anyone would care to replace the boards for such minor issues.  It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty easy to get your mind around the intent of the borders.  Correcting Korea’s seazone alignments doesn’t seem a big deal at all (to me).  Now, on the other hand, if you SELL your games to replace with new versions…  well, I can dig that.  At least you’re not just throwing perfectly useable boards away.

Besides, the playing boxes all have the outdated setups printed on them, and to me, THAT is a bigger inconvenience than the rule book.

That said, I’ll be surprised if WoTC bothers with an “upgrade” pack.  It’ll probably be the whole enchilada, or play what you have.

• Sponsor

We need an A&A hard cover player’s handbook from Wizards of the coast (that’s for dam sure). It’s about time they started treating us as well as their math mages and card flippers.

• I hear the sea-zones are being changed so that they number starting at 1 from right to left ( europe towards pacific ), the Water in both boards will be the same color AND they wont even be fold boards ( that is my biggest hatred towards the boards, especially on the pacific board ) they will be rigid and fit together nicely like the AA50 boards.

(some people on Harris game design are saying it is likely that some neutrals might change )

IF what i heard is true, i will start a petition to have them create an “update pack” that contains the new rule books, the board, the original missing Tac bombers for Japan ( additional mech inf and tac bombers for everyone would be nice there is barely any ) more chips and roundels, and what ever else is being improved on, such as better battle boards or something.

Also there’s rumor about the new editions containing plastic pieces for victory cities, all the facilities and neutral infantry. <– put these in the pack too.

and if not, i will sell my global game and buy the new editions. Haven’t had it for 3 weeks now, great condition only problem is the boxes were warped a bit ( mainly the europe one ) during delivery…  :|

• @Keodis:

I hear the sea-zones are being changed so that they number starting at 1 from right to left ( europe towards pacific ), the Water in both boards will be the same color AND they wont even be fold boards ( that is my biggest hatred towards the boards, especially on the pacific board ) they will be rigid and fit together nicely like the AA50 boards.

(some people on Harris game design are saying it is likely that some neutrals might change )

IF what i heard is true, i will start a petition to have them create an “update pack” that contains the new rule books, the board, the original missing Tac bombers for Japan ( additional mech inf and tac bombers for everyone would be nice there is barely any ) more chips and roundels, and what ever else is being improved on, such as better battle boards or something.

Also there’s rumor about the new editions containing plastic pieces for victory cities, all the facilities and neutral infantry. <– put these in the pack too.

and if not, i will sell my global game and buy the new editions. Haven’t had it for 3 weeks now, great condition only problem is the boxes were warped a bit ( mainly the europe one ) during delivery…  :|

Where’s your info from?

Almost every one of those sounds like a suggestion from the Harris boards, and really, just realistically, I dont think any of those are going to happen, with two exceptions:

The Water might match better, because the print runs will probably be consecutive rather than staggered by so many months and because the contrast tweaking to the europe boards to bump the convoy markers will probably be done to the pacific.  That said, the water will never match 100%.  It’s too many print cycles between the europe print and the japan print.  My AA50 boards have color variations between the 2nd and 3rd board that is evident in the water.  Color plotters are simply NOT that consistent over thousands of runs.

Japan will probably get somewhere between 9 and 12 bombers.  Despite what WotC claims, I don’t believe any tac bombers were “missing”.  They released 6 tacs and 6 mechs to each power, regardless of setup.  It wasn’t a matter of missing but economics and poor coordination.  We complained, they relented, and they’ll probably put more in now.

Anything else sounds like a request from the LH comments thread, and while they might be “noted” I don’t believe any will be implemented.  Especially things like neutral infantry or non fold boards.

• Well i was misinformed then.Do you think there is going to be a “global edition” or something that improves on AAG in the near future or do you think that AA42 is the standard and AAG is the deluxe for the next 5+ years ( excluding AA50 reprint )

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m