• Hi all!

15 years ago i bought the old 1981 version of axis and allies. Played it a little but after a while it ended up in the back of my closet. Last week i found it and a nice game with a few friends. Enjoyed it quite a lot :-D

I have checked out the other AA games around and found AA europe and pacific to my liking( at least on the pictures). My problem is they are quite pricy to buy. Here in norway they cost around 350$ for both. I also read a rumour on theese forums about the europe game getting a rerelease next year.

So the question is, should I wait to buy them(or at least the europe game) until next year to get a revamed game or is it a false rumour?

And even more importantly; would you guys advice for or against gettinig both europe and pacific.

If you had to choose between them whitch would you buy?

Sorry for the messy post, and thanks in advance:)

• My understanding is that it’s only the rules which are being revamped.  The physical components (the 4-part map board and the plastic sculpts) will as far as I know remain identical.  I have no regrets about having bought the games when they first came out; if the only part of the future reprints that will be different are the rule books, that information should be easy enough to get once the new reprints are out, so there’s no particular reason to wait if you’re eager to get your hands on the game right now.

I’d definitely get both Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940.  The combined global map looks terrific, and I’d feel as if I was missing half of the action and half of the scope if I just got one or the other.  That being said, if I absolutely had to choose one or the other, I’d get Europe 1940 because it provides more countries…

1.Germany
    2.Soviet Union
    3.United Kingdom
    4.Italy
    5.United States
    6.France

…than Pacific 1940 does:

1.Japan
    2.USA
    3.China
    4.UK
    5.ANZAC

I also consider the introduction of France in Europe 1940 to be a more attractive feature than the introduction of ANZAC in Pacific 1940 because the ANZAC sculpts are simply different-coloured versions of the British sculpts (including the infantry sculpt).  France, on the other hand, gets its own distinctive infantry piece.  But in my view, the map alone makes it worth getting both games.

• Thank you for your reply!

Guess i should buy them both ASAP then;) Oh the joy!  :lol:

• @gunnarto:

Thank you for your reply!

Guess i should buy them both ASAP then;) Oh the joy!  :lol:

So did you get them yet? If so, which one do you like the best?

• been quite a while. so i did not see the reply until now.

Its sad but true. I could not get hold of any of them. All sold out since its out of production. But i have faith in the new 1941 i read about. Might be somthing to look into when its availible.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m