AA Gun discusion - poll is open- D+1

• Sponsor

AA Guns -(Version #1)

Same rules and setup as Alpha+3, but 1 less gun on London (3 instead of 4).

• AA Guns -(Version #2)

Same rules and setup as Alpha+3, but 1 more gun on London (5 instead of 4).

• OK I personally don’t think this is a big deal, but I have seen many posts by others who feel very strongly on this point so in the interest of fairness……

Alpha 3 AA guns, version 3.

Same setup and rules as in alpha 3, except no AA gun in France.

• Sponsor

@Vance:

OK I personally don’t think this is a big deal, but I have seen many posts by others who feel very strongly on this point so in the interest of fairness……

Alpha 3 AA guns, version 3.

Same setup and rules as in alpha 3, except no AA gun in France.

some say, that this would be the right thing to do for game play, but the wrong thing to do for Historic accuracy.

• Yeah but we should try to make sure all points of view are represented so people can decide to vote for it or not

• Sponsor

@Vance:

Yeah but we should try to make sure all points of view are represented so people can decide to vote for it or not

Personally, I don’t care one way or the other on France, if it has one, my air units hit the brit navy, if it doesn’t, my air units hit the brit navy.

• there’s only 3 versons and you advertise 5……

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No, keep the gun in France!

5 Infantry, 2 Artillery, 4 Mechanized Infantry, 5 Armor
    vs
    1 AA Gun, 6 Infantry, 2 Artillery, 2 Armor, 1 Fighter

Because you cannot run a calculator with the gun being a casuality, I will run the calculator without the gun and with the gun as an extra defending infantry.  The actual statistic should be somewhere between them:

Odds:  96.8% with 1 Mechanized Infantry, 2 Artillery and 5 Armor remaining
    Odds:  91.5% with 1 Artillery, 5 Armor remaining.

If we take out the gun, then we increase the odds of success in France by 5%, but we don’t NEED to increase the success of France by 5%, it’s already over 90%!!!

If you choose to bring a fighter to the battle, one, I think you’re unskilled, two, it is your choice.  I am not saying it’s bad, I am just saying I will look down on you as a lesser player and may even snoot at you once or twice. :P (this is a jest, of course, I don’t really think this way, I just wanted to be funny.)

• Sponsor

@i:

there’s only 3 versons and you advertise 5……

The poll is not open yet, don’t vote until there’s an announcement.

• Sponsor

I think Jen is getting drunk.

• @Young:

Getting?

Is that poll up there poll 4?

@Young:

Why?  The analysis is accurate.  Removing the AA Gun only increases Germany’s odds from 91% to 96%.  So I see absolutely no need to remove it!  I think there should be a 1 in 11 chance Germany fails to take France.

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Why?  The analysis is accurate.  Removing the AA Gun only increases Germany’s odds from 91% to 96%.  So I see absolutely no need to remove it!  I think there should be a 1 in 11 chance Germany fails to take France.

I ment the part about you trying to be funny.

@Young:

@Cmdr:

@Young:

I ment the part about you trying to be funny.

I should really stop doing that…

• Sponsor

@Zallomallo:

@Young:

Getting?

Is that poll up there poll 4?

No, poll #4 has its own thread for voting on rule suggestion listed in the Delta+1 sticky thread. The poll here in this thread is for voting on versions of the AA Gun rule and setup, once there are enough versions suggested, the poll will be edited and opened, but not until it is announced here.

• AA GUNS (verison 5)

Keep aa guns as is, like in every other edition of the game and not limit their shots.

Got to have every option right?  Even those that /I/ voted for.  I voted for aa guns so we could discuss them, not so they would be A3.

• I think we skipped #4 so I will put that here…

Alpha +3 AA guns Version 4

Alpha +3 rules for AA guns, and NO CHANGES to alpha +3 setup of AA guns.

• Sponsor

This poll is now open.

• Sponsor

I really don’t understand where the urge to make the allies stronger is coming from.

• Do you think the axis had the advantage in A2?  I think A2 was super close, I think that the only changes that needed to be made would help in online game play and take some of the ambiguities away.(like streamlining DOW)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m