Canada 51st state after London falls

• First of all I am Canadian and proud.  Nevertheless I want to float the idea that if London falls in Global 1940, the Canadian territories (7 IPCs total) should immediately come under control of the USA and the Americans would get that income (which they kind of do in real life actually).  It would be historically accurate.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Vance:

First of all I am Canadian and proud.  Nevertheless I want to float the idea that if London falls in Global 1940, the Canadian territories (7 IPCs total) should immediately come under control of the USA and the Americans would get that income (which they kind of do in real life actually).  It would be historically accurate.

There is a house rule, government in exile, which would allow Canada to immediately take posession of all Europe board British holdings.  Perhaps your Canadian blood would be happier with this option?

• We should get all the french territories too (that’s a joke heheh).

@Vance:

We should get all the french territories too (that’s a joke heheh).

Who would want the cheese eating surrender monkeys?  :wink:  (that’s what they were called in the Simpsons.  Take it up with them!  Now, where’s the Caberna?)

• I want them so I can force them all to speak English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7rpVRnuAcQ

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

@Vance:

We should get all the french territories too (that’s a joke heheh).

Who would want the cheese eating surrender monkeys?  :wink:  (that’s what they were called in the Simpsons.  Take it up with them!  Now, where’s the Caberna?)

“cheese eating surrender monkeys”?  HA!  That’s just too funny.

• Canada 51st state after London falls

Think big:

US 11th province after London falls

8-)

• '12

Nicely done Hobbes!  Canadians are mostly too modest to point out the inevitability of this.

• Yes, we are a modest people, but we are secretly working to take over the USA and make all of you speak FRENCH!  buahahahaaaa

@Vance:

Yes, we are a modest people, but we are secretly working to take over the USA and make all of you speak FRENCH!  buahahahaaaa

I know this, you have 90% of your population living on our northern border!  Massing for an attack!!!  And you’re so polite, no one is that polite!  You’re just trying to lul us into a false sense of security, but it won’t work, you hear!  I’m onto you!!  I trust no one!  LONG LIVE THE KOMISSAR!

• @Vance:

Yes, we are a modest people, but we are secretly working to take over the USA and make all of you speak FRENCH!  buahahahaaaa

US  11th province 4th territory after London falls

• I stand corrected. Once we make America our 4th territory, you people will have to speak many different Inuit languages that no one can understand.

An Jennifer, we will defeat you merely with self-deprecating sarcasm that you so often misinterpret as politeness.  That is your great weakness.  Once we have taken over, we will force you to accept free medical care, we will make your banks solvent by regulating your financial services sector, we will make you accept a $10/hour minimum wage (even for Mexicans), we will make you drink very strong coffee several times each day, and we will make the top 1% of your income earners actually pay taxes.  Live in fear, America.  Live in feeeaarrrr.

• Yes, we are a modest people, but we are secretly working to take over the USA and make all of you speak FRENCH!  buahahahaaaa
    Don’t waste your time with US people, you have to be brillant to speak more than 1 language.

• Then how come everytime I go to the states, everyone there seems to be speaking Spanish?

• Then how come everytime I go to the states, everyone there seems to be speaking Spanish?
    Illegal immigration……

• I thought I was there legally.

@crusaderiv:

Then how come everytime I go to the states, everyone there seems to be speaking Spanish?
    Illegal immigration……

Whoa boys, this is getting WAY too close to a political discussion!  Please reign it in.  (Right now I choose to see it as a discussion on language, but the word “illegal” is there and laws are created by politicians which is inherently political and that is not allowed on the boards.)

Now for a joke, in the same vein:  Why can’t Mexico win the Olympics?  Because every Mexican that can run, jump or swim is in the United States! (in a non-political capacity, of course!)

Not meant to be racist!  I have quite a few friends from the other land down under and I know them to be hard working, fine, upstanding citizens who vote every election and follow all the local laws and ordinances - despite being good people! (Hey, most good people need to rebel a little!  I never drive the speed limit!!!)

• OK I am sorry; no more inflammatory political jokes.  Just one observation, though: everytime I am in the US, the Spanish people always seem to be the NICEST people I meet.  Just sayin’

• Whoa boys, this is getting WAY too close to a political discussion!  Please reign it in.  (Right now I choose to see it as a discussion on language, but the word “illegal” is there and laws are created by politicians which is inherently political and that is not allowed on the boards.)
    Ah it’s realy strange because I saw a lot of bad comments about french during the last few months and I never seen moderator comments.

• '12

I think a clarification.  No Americans politics.  I’m sure the finer points of Canadian (or lesser species…tongue firmly in cheek) political discourse would just put non-Canadians to sleep and make Canadians glassy eyed.

Now speaking of politics.  Just an observation.  Squabbling that causes Canada to consider shipping vast amounts of fossil fuels to China rather than the XL pipeline going to Texas has got to be bad for a nation and makes both parties…excuse the pun…look terrible.

Canada conquest of the US scenario #1

US money ends up in China via Walmart, Canadian oil ends up in China  in exchange for copious amounts of US dollars.  Canada taking advantage of cheap US real estate prices peacefully purchases the US piece by piece with the aid of the strong Canadian banking sector that has…like a virus…been surreptitiously inserting itself into the US for years.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m