• I"ve been looking for this game in stores and everyone seems to not have it in stock. Is it discontinued and if so how long ago and what other game is there that one can buy to replace it. I dont see any other axis and allies games with BOTH Italian and French infantry so what is a person to do.  Ebay prices are mostly over a 100 dollars.
    Your take on this?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@militaryman077:

I"ve been looking for this game in stores and everyone seems to not have it in stock. Is it discontinued and if so how long ago and what other game is there that one can buy to replace it. I dont see any other axis and allies games with BOTH Italian and French infantry so what is a person to do.  Ebay prices are mostly over a 100 dollars.
    Your take on this?

I have heard that it is out of print until after the first of the year, where they will revise the game (Rules probably) and then reprint the game. I guess Europe 40 was more popular than Pacific 40. That’s all I know.
    I have both French and Italian Infantry on my website for sale.
    www.historicalboardgaming.com

• Thanks, Coach.

• It’s fun. The guy on ebay that was selling the pieces by country for AAEurope1940 and AAPacific1940 since September 2010 on a regular basis just ran out lol. Just my luck.

• I want to give a shout out to Historical Board Gaming.  I’ve bought multiple times from him (last order included 100+ pieces) and he’s got everything.  It’s pretty legit.  And shipping was fast too.  There’s my plug from a happy customer  :-)

• @wwestpro:

I want to give a shout out to Historical Board Gaming.  I’ve bought multiple times from him (last order included 100+ pieces) and he’s got everything.  It’s pretty legit.  And shipping was fast too.  There’s my plug from a happy customer  :-)

How much does one have to spend in order to get free shipping from HBG?

• @coachofmany:

@militaryman077:

I"ve been looking for this game in stores and everyone seems to not have it in stock. Is it discontinued and if so how long ago and what other game is there that one can buy to replace it. I dont see any other axis and allies games with BOTH Italian and French infantry so what is a person to do.  Ebay prices are mostly over a 100 dollars.
    Your take on this?

I have heard that it is out of print until after the first of the year, where they will revise the game (Rules probably) and then reprint the game. I guess Europe 40 was more popular than Pacific 40. That’s all I know.

COACH,
    IF THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE REPRINT IN 2012 THEN WHY IS IT BEING SOLD FOR SO MUCH RIGHT NOW? AMAZON HAS IT FOR 300

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Supply and demand is why it’s so high and at Christmas time.
    I still hear it is being reprinted though.

• @coachofmany:

Supply and demand is why it’s so high and at Christmas time.
    I still hear it is being reprinted though.

Hope the reprint comes out soon. When it does i’ll buy like ten copies from coolstuffinc. like imperious leader does. happy holiday to all.

• '10

I am told it will be reprinted in FEB 2012.

Kinda silly that they left the Christmas season like this.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I am told it will be reprinted in FEB 2012.

Kinda silly that they left the Christmas season like this.

dANKE, HERR FELD MARSHALL. I BOUGHT TWO COPIES FOR JUST 79 DOLLARS EACH BEFORE THE DISTRIBUTOR RAISED THE PRICE THIS WEEKEND TO OVER 120.  NOW I DONT HAVE TO BUY LOOSE PIECES. WISH YOU COULD PUT THE FRENCH AND ANZAC ARMIES ON FAST TRACK FOR IMMEDIATE PRODUCTION. PLUS I’D LOVE TO SEE A SIDE OR BOOSTER SET TO ADDRESS THE PAUCITY OF ITALIAN TANKS IN YOUR ITALIAN SET (AND POSSIBLY IN YOUR FORTH COMING GERMAN SET)  AND THE  INFLATED PRICES FOR THE MECH INFANTRY AND TAC BOMBERS FOR EUROPE 1940 SET THAT I’VE BEEN SEEING RECENTLY.
    IT WOULD BE NICE IF EITHER YOU OR/AND COACH COULD ADDRESS THIS.

p.s. just got coach’s minors sets. will convert opel trucks to Mechs!!!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I FIND NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THAT TURNING OFF THE CAPS LOCK helps.

• Ok, simple question.  If all the rumors are true that Europe 1940 will be reissued in February of 2012 then why is the first edition up to 149.99 and selling for over 200 on ebay?  Can anyone explain it to me “… like I was a two year old?”

• @militaryman077:

Ok, simple question.  If all the rumors are true that Europe 1940 will be reissued in February of 2012 then why is the first edition up to 149.99 and selling for over 200 on ebay?  Can anyone explain it to me “… like I was a two year old?”

Supply and demand. If you have the only copy for sale in existence, you charge what people will pay. Not everyone knows there’s going to be a reprint (if indeed there will be one).

For what it’s worth, militaryman077, it’s an awesome game, so keep looking. :)

• TripleA '12

I would certainly buy this game if it was ever reprinted.

• TripleA

I currently have a copy of Europe 1940, and I just recently saw how much they are going for on ebay. If I sold mine, that would make enough money to buy a reprint, but all I hear about a reprint is hearsay. I don’t want to sell mine unless I’m ABSOLUTELY sure there will be a reprint. Thoughts?

• @mastermind93:

I currently have a copy of Europe 1940, and I just recently saw how much they are going for on ebay. If I sold mine, that would make enough money to buy a reprint, but all I hear about a reprint is hearsay. I don’t want to sell mine unless I’m ABSOLUTELY sure there will be a reprint. Thoughts?

If I had it I would probably sell it if I could get something like $200 for it.  Selling out this soon appears to be a good sign to me in terms of a reprint.  I figure there will be a reprint with substantial corrections made, and if I’m really lucky perhaps actual Italian and French figures rather than German and Russian in other colors.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m