• I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules but I’m sure some of us have made deals with the opposite team once in a blue moon so post your deals and their outcomes. My favorite one is where I negotiated with the US/British player to let me (Germany) have Canada in exchange for leaving him alone in the Atlantic so he could focus on Japan. The punishment would be that if one attacked the other without a one turn notification the perpetrator would have to pay 80 IPCs. He left D.C. unoccupied, thinking I wouldn’t betray him, and captured D.C. and US 80 IPC which I lost because of the deal but he didn’t get it either.

• Sponsor

I’ve never heard of nogotiating such deals, and as for your scenerio, I’m pretty sure most here would force their opponent to fight for and earn everything they wanted. Your ideas however, may find an interested audience in the house rules forum.

• @Hitlers:

I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules but I’m sure some of us have made deals with the opposite team once in a blue moon so post your deals and their outcomes. My favorite one is where I negotiated with the US/British player to let me (Germany) have Canada in exchange for leaving him alone in the Atlantic so he could focus on Japan. The punishment would be that if one attacked the other without a one turn notification the perpetrator would have to pay 80 IPCs. He left D.C. unoccupied, thinking I wouldn’t betray him, and captured D.C. and US 80 IPC which I lost because of the deal but he didn’t get it either.

LOL!!! This is not RISK. Your poor opponent must have been pretty mad.

• Customizer

Deal or no deal, it’s kind of dumb to leave your capital undefended.  Capturing capitals is just about the main part of this game, so is protecting capitals.  Especially a big country like USA.  Even if Germany didn’t get to plunder USA’s treasury because of your deal, you basically still handed over  a 20 IPC territory to Germany plus a victory city.

• The only deal I offer my opponents is this:
    Just walk away. Leave your oil, your pump, and the whole compound and I spare your lives. Just walk away and I promise you safe passase through the wasteland.  Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

• That sort of deals work until someone decides to cheat - afterwards no one will ever trust the person again who broke the deal.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Just walk away. Leave your oil, your pump, and the whole compound and I spare your lives. Just walk away and I promise you safe passase through the wasteland.  Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

Lord HUMUNGOUS is right.  There are no deals!

I’m afriad you have made me, again, release my dogs of war.

• I’ve struck deals that the allies can’t invade Germany through use of the Baltic. They can go into the Baltic and invade any country that boarders that sea….w/ the exception of Germany.

maybe more of a house rule for me instead of striking deals.

• I used to play a A&A1940s off shoot with open risk style diplomacy, but it turned out to be pretty usless trying to make deals. When you let players do whatever they want they only seem to want to screw eachother over, so a more concrete diplomatic system is needed.

I remember once telling a player in one of these games “Either I own yugoslavia or its war” and very much regreted saying that later as the opposing Russian player came stomping after me. To my satisfaction later, we determined that the person had been routinly cheating, and have sinced banned him from playing
    (gaming hot tip: dont play with a magician who specializes in slight of hand)

• Customizer

@Clyde85:

(gaming hot tip: dont play with a magician who specializes in slight of hand)

Hee, hee, hee.  Okay, I hope you’re ready, I’m going to smash the Baltic States……HEY, where did those 20 tanks come from?!?

• We used to let him play as Russia, but Russia is soooo big with so many units anyway that it was hard to keep track so we made him play as France (again modded game so France dosnt fall very often if ever). We figured out what he was doing when we saw this massive stack of infantry “appear” in sub-saharan French Africa pushing into the Sudan, we havent played with him since

• Customizer

@Clyde85:

We used to let him play as Russia, but Russia is soooo big with so many units anyway that it was hard to keep track so we made him play as France (again modded game so France dosnt fall very often if ever). We figured out what he was doing when we saw this massive stack of infantry “appear” in sub-saharan French Africa pushing into the Sudan, we havent played with him since

Well, maybe in HIS game, France had developed the transporter technology from Star Trek and he simply “beamed” over those divisions of infantry from Paris.  Did you check to see if Paris still had infantry units?

I know what you mean about Russia with it’s size.  Our Russia player is honest but even so, it’s still hard to keep track of what units are where.  She even has trouble sometimes with forgetting to move some units in the NCM, especially those 18 infantry out east.  Most games she sends at least 12 of them hoofing it west to Moscow but often forgets to actually move them.  Then, part way through Japan’s or even USA’s turn, she will say “Oh dang, I forgot to move those guys.”  We usually just let her do it then.

• '10

The only deal I offer is “Honorable surrender”…  If the game has gone on too long and time is turning against my opponents.

A short negotiation ensues over what must be ceded etc…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

She even has trouble sometimes with forgetting to move some units in the NCM, especially those 18 infantry out east.  Most games she sends at least 12 of them hoofing it west to Moscow but often forgets to actually move them.  Then, part way through Japan’s or even USA’s turn, she will say “Oh dang, I forgot to move those guys.”  We usually just let her do it then.

Commander Jen? lol…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m