• Here is an idea for Global 1940.  Suppose there were a SCORCHED EARTH policy whereby a player could voluntarily demolish his own facilities before they are captured by the enemy (up to 20 damage points for major IC, 6 for minor, naval and air bases).  When the territory is attacked, the defender decides how many damage units to inflict on his facilities before the dice are rolled.  If the territory is taken by the attacker, they will have to pay the necessary IPCs to use the facility (but only up to 3 for major ICs as usual).  This might be used by Allies (e.g. Ukraine, Leningrad) and also by Axis (e.g. Normandy, Paris) to slow down reinforcement of an advancing army.  It could also lead to some fun situations, like if someone demolishes his own IC and the the attacker fails to take it!  It is historically correct too I believe, as both USSR and Germany invoked Scorched Earth policies.

• Or you can let your enemy take your territory, and then bomb it, bomb it and bomb it.  :-D

• I don’t agree about the used of USSR industries by the allies.
    In fact, I don’t agree about to let the allies fight with USSR units on Russian territory.

If attacker take down the USSR factory, Russian player can remove the industry without penalty or rolling dice.
    If German player want to build on a Russian territory it must build a new factory and wait the second turn to begin the production.
    Simply as that.

• Customizer

I agree with crusaderiv about not having Soviet troops fighting alongside Western Allies troops.  Except for the supply convoys from USA to Russia and Lend-Lease equipment, there was little to no collaberation between Soviet and Allied troops.

I don’t agree with allowing USSR to destroy their own facilities at no cost at all, or ANY nation for that matter, Axis or Allies.  I think a good way to do it would be to use your defending infantry to cause damage to your facilities.  For each damage point you want to inflict on your factory, 1 defending infantry unit DOES NOT get a defense roll.  They can still take hits, they just don’t fire back at the attacking forces.  For example:  Say you have 20 infantry defending a Minor Industrial Complex and you get attacked by a large force so you think you will lose the fight.  You want to max out the damage on your Minor IC (6 damage points).  So, you sacrifice 6 defensive rolls to max out the damage on the IC and only roll 14 dice instead of 20 on the FIRST ROUND of combat.  Now say the attacker got ONLY 6 hits, you can take the 6 infantry that didn’t fire back as casualties.  If, by chance, the attacker got LESS than 6 hits, the rest of your infantry would defend as normal.  The IC sabotage penalty applies ONLY to the FIRST ROUND of combat.

• I understand your point of view KNP but I don’t agree about USSR factory.
    It’s realy easy to make sabotage and/ or factory demolition.
    So I don’t know why Russian player should make rolling dice to make a scorched earth.
    That’s why I mentionned that the Russian player must build a new factory on a territory which he used is scorched earth previlege.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m