2011 Q3 and Q4 upcoming games

• What are you looking forward to?

I’m not sure I have the money, time, or capability to play everything I want: Skyrim, Dead Island, Battlefield 3. Hell, I’m tired of COD at this point, but I’m sure I’ll play MW3.

I know I’m forgetting some others…

• I’m in that bind myself.

10/18 is Batman:Arkham City

10/25 is Battlefield 3

11/1 is Uncharted 3

11/15 is Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

I want all of these games and affording them isn’t really an issue. Battlefield 3 is the issue. If it is as good as Bad Company 2 I won’t really make time for much else. I went ahead and pre-ordered Batman and BF3 but I’m still waffling on the others.

And there are some other things like Skyrim that might be cool to check out but there isn’t enough time to play it all. I would be so easy if Bats was this week, AC was like 9/13 and Uncharted 3 was 10/18 with BF3 keeping its spot.

• All good suggestions as well, although I’ve barely played Arkham Asylum and the Uncharted series.  I’d love to see Assassin’s Creed wrapped up.

I also believe Battlefield 3 could consume all of my time.  I had a blast with 1942, 2, 2142, 1943, and the little I played of Bad Company 1 and 2.  3 looks superior to them in all ways.

Skyrim is probably the one I am looking forward to the most because of my gaming situation.  I’m not really online with my console, and I don’t have a PC to run some of the games that I would prefer to. Hell, I’m not done with Oblivion.  I’ve had it for almost 2 years with probably 150 hours across multiple characters without having finished it.  I’m still playing it to this day, which I’m trying to at least finish it before Skyrim lands.  But everytime I play it, I get ideas or new strategies and want to start all over.  However, I think it’d just be nice to start fresh with a new game on Skyrim without any knowledge of what’s to come.

• I’m not a big RPG guy. So even though Skyrim has made onto my radar I don’t see pulling the trigger on buying it.

I think AC will be a definite get as I’m pretty invested in Ezio’s tale and the whole story overall and that sandbox style of game has come to have a lot of appeal for me. I liked Red Dead and both inFamous games.

The last Uncharted was fun but short and I’ve only played through it once so not sure I need to be in a rush to get 3.

I’m trying to decide whether to pick up Deus Ex:Human Revolution which is out yesterday. It is getting reviewed well. The whole look of the game has really grabbed me.

I’m actually sort of scared with how BF3 might end up sucking me in.

• I think the past couple ACs have been the only games I’ve 100%ed in a while.  It’s just a fun action game, and the story intrigues me.  Haven’t tried inFamous.

Uncharted looks great (first really saw it in watching The Tester, which I loved both seasons), and I’m interested in coop and the details of the third one.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a PS3 or a friend that owns the game.

I need to see some demos of the new Deus Ex.  I’m itching to get a suitable computer (i.e. not a Mac) that can run either Steams larger library or Goodoldgames.com’s client to get the original Deus Ex.  I thought I bought the whole thing years ago, but it was just a demo, but I played the hell out of it.  Great game, and if the new one is anything like it I’ll definitely give it some time.

Don’t be afraid of BF3!  It looks worthy of your full attention.  I’m just sad I don’t have friends to roll with like I did back in the day and computer to keep up with it.

• inFamous is along the lines of AC except combat is third person shooter. It is the open world with story missions and side missions deal. Also if you do good you access a different set of powers than if you do evil. Both games were pretty similar and not without fault but I had a lot of fun with both of them. The second has a level creator that is pretty neat and players can publish levels for everyone to play.

inFamous, Uncharted and God of War are pretty good reasons to pick up a PS3

I started Deus EX:Human Revolution on PS3 this morning and it is pretty cool but I’m just getting rolling in it. I’m really digging the artistic design and color palette of the game. It seems very stealth oriented (like MGS stealth, get caught and you’re dead) so far but I’m already sucked into the story.

• Hey frim, sorry haven’t been on in a while.  How is Deus Ex now that you’ve had some time with it?

I’m really interested in Dead Island now that I’ve seen more gameplay, but don’t know anyone that has it and don’t have online capabilities currently.

• Deus Ex is pretty much like the reviews but with less options than the reviews I read made you think. You really need to be stealthy as any time you get ‘caught’ you’re going to get killed. I am playing on the highest difficulty though. But it is certainly a stealth game. Run and gun just doesn’t seem to work. But you do have a couple of paths with the stealth usually.

I’m having fun with it. Nothing in and of itself is particularly terrific but the whole thing makes for a fun game. YMMV.

I’m about half way through and my biggest complaint is that to do any hand to hand you use one of your energy cells. I’ve put a lot of praxis (xp reward for upgrading your augments) points into upgrading those for more and faster recharge but they don’t seem to recharge beyond two cells (I have five) except through items found or purchased. They don’t even refill between missions.

There are other things that use the cells as well that I’d like to try but they are sort of stingy with the recharge items and I think I’d more or less lose my ability to sneak up and choke out a guard or hamper those other abilities to nearly one time use.

So I feel like I’ve gone upgrade path A instead of path B but the game is really more Path AB which you feel under equipped for.

Which leads to the other thing about the game. It seems to have a pretty high replay factor with a ‘what if I try this’ aspect to it. Once you know what happens the game might really shine as you can create a ‘plan’ from moment one.

Decent buy but I won’t be pre-ordering a sequel.

• Well Dead Island SUCKS. It’s like playing GTA and Mortal Combat….with Zombies.

Totally nothing but constant “jobs” for you to complete, mostly alone. The game is hardly Multiplayer and you don’t get any guns till near the end and it is just one large map.

Left 4 Dead is 1 million times better.

It is basically impossible for you to play with friends since the game decides when you are at a similar mission level to “join” other people.

Trash can product. :x

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m