• First off,I love this game so far but I’m in some trouble…

I’m the allies,my dad is Axis,so here’s my basic set up,if you need more details I’ll look at the map and tell you the details you want to know,anyways:

On the Eastern Front,Germany hasn’t touched Russia yet,but Russia is in Romania.Germany has The Baltic locked down,but I have Karelia and other nearby territories defended. I have many tanks,mechs,and infantry over at the real front itself.

The Germans have France,but haven’t touched England even though the U.K. is in Holland.The U.K. has the remnants of the German fleet trapped in the Baltic.I crushed the fleet save a damaged battleship and a cruiser down off the coast of Normandy.Italy has destroyed my army down in Africa,except a fighter in Egypt.

U.S.: I am using South America to load and launch 3 transports to Africa and the Med.
    I took Portugal from Italy, but Italy has 5 infantry,a tank (Germany has a tank as well) and a fighter in Spain so I can’t take it from them just yet,I need reinforcements. This is where I’m worried,if I lose Portugal, I’ll need to go through the Suez canal,except the Italians might cap that as well,a fighter is all that stops them.The U.S. has control of the Atlantic,and all I need to do is attack Spain,and I can get into Italy,so how should I do this? Amphibious assault? Wait for them to attack?

Any help of what I should do from here on in would be helpful as well,thanks for helping!

P.S. In Portugal I have 2 infantry,an artillery and 2 tanks.

• As the US, if you have Atlantic naval supremacy, you should probably get a ton more transports so you can land a steady stream of units into Gibraltar or Spain.  Remember, if you have Gibraltar you can use its naval base to get back to the Eastern US in 1 turn (and use the base there to get back to Gibraltar in 1 turn).  I’d get at least 7 more transports so you can have 5 at Gibraltar, 5 at the Eastern US and switch them each turn, dropping off 10 units in Gibraltar or Spain each turn with them.  Just remember to have a few other ships or planes in the Gibraltar airbase to protect the transports from the Axis air force.  From Spain you can easily threaten France or even Rome, and it raises the possibility of reinforcing Egypt and/or destroying the Italian fleet and/or transports.

Alternatively (or maybe additionally) you can set up a similar transport chain from New Brunswick Nova Scotia to Britain (because again the naval bases on both sides let you get back to the other in 1 turn), sending troops up from the Eastern US.  Then you could threaten Denmark, Norway, France, and even West Germany.

If Britain is secure (meaning the Germans can’t do Sea Lion, an amphibious attack on Britain) because of the UK fleet I’d recommend investing more in Africa, maybe even a minor IC in Egypt if you think you can keep Italy away from it long enough for it to be useful.

I’m a bit surprised that the neutrals were attacked, because it isn’t normal to happen, but since they were you should try to grab South America with the US (even if they’re pro-Axis) because really the only thing stopping you before was the possibility of the Axis getting a few European neutrals.  I assume they already have those at this point.

If Germany hasn’t attacked Russia yet then you’re in good shape.  They can’t win without going deep into Russia (or maybe by overcoming your naval supremacy, but that seems to be impossible from what you’ve said).  Be ready for a German attack, and if they ever look weak you should think about attacking them to open up the Eastern Front.

One thing to be careful of is you have to know when to take Paris.  If you can take it but won’t have enough troops left to hold it from the German counterattack, then don’t do it.  You’d actually help the Germans by giving them the extra money from capturing the capital again.

From what you’ve said, you’re actually in pretty good shape.

A few questions:

-Are you using the Alpha + .2 rules and setup?
    -How strong is the Axis Air Force?
    -How strong are the Germans on the Eastern Front?
    -Do the Germans have transports?
    -How much does Italy have in Africa?
    -How strong is the Italian fleet?
    -Who attacked the true neutrals first?

• -Are you using the Alpha + .2 rules and setup?

-The Italians have a Strat Bomber and a fighter,Germany has a Strat bomber,4 fighters,and 3 tac bombers
    -They have a line of men,probably 15 infantry in Poland and Hungary combined,plus 8 tanks,3 artillery and a tac bomber in the two territories.
    -Italy has 2 infantry,1 artillery,2 tanks,2 mechs in Tobruk, that’s it.
    -One transport
    -Italy has a Battleship,a destroyer,and 2 transports.all in the med.
    -I did,my dad neglected to tell me what the consequences were.

• @Sig:

-Are you using the Alpha + .2 rules and setup?

-The Italians have a Strat Bomber and a fighter,Germany has a Strat bomber,4 fighters,and 3 tac bombers
    -They have a line of men,probably 15 infantry in Poland and Hungary combined,plus 8 tanks,3 artillery and a tac bomber in the two territories.
    -Italy has 2 infantry,1 artillery,2 tanks,2 mechs in Tobruk, that’s it.
    -One transport
    -Italy has a Battleship,a destroyer,and 2 transports.all in the med.
    -I did,my dad neglected to tell me what the consequences were.

It looks like you probably can’t save Egypt, then.  That’s not too bad, though.  You can build more units down in South Africa and if you go for Rome with the USA that’ll divert Italian attention.  If you can destroy Italy’s fleet before its turn you could possibly save Egypt, because they may not want to attack with only 2 tanks and 2 planes (though they’d still probably win).

The weird thing about Germany is they don’t seem to be preparing for a major push into Russia with so few tanks and artillery.  With only one transport and a damaged fleet it isn’t going for Sea Lion, either. With Russia in Romania Italy isn’t in a good position to help push into Russia, especially with its meager air force.

I’d recommend going for Rome with the USA, and reinforcing Egypt (through South Africa) and Holland with the UK.  Russia could either keep building up or attack Germany, depending on its forces.  In any case, though, Germany definitely doesn’t have enough time to go deep into Russia before the USA and UK can threaten Rome and Paris, and maybe even in Berlin.  Barring any unfortunate die rolls, it looks like you’re going to win, and though it may take a while to push into Germany you should be able to take the other capitals (Rome and Paris) without too much trouble.

• OK,thanks! I think i’ll build up and attack after Italy is gone,that way Germany has to worry about more than Just Russia. I’ll try and take the Baltic from them though so I can finish off their remaining ships.

I’ll try the transport thing you mentioned for Spain,I’ll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: sorry I forgot to say I’m not using alpha +.2

• Well this session went badly.I lost Holland,and Spain. My dad just keeps making more and more infantry and tanks,he keeps getting good rolls,one roll with infantry destroys all my defenses usually. I have 3 loaded transports,but I think Portugal is to risky, I’ll let my dad keep Portugal and Spain until I build up a huge amphibious assault for it.And I think Russia is about to be invaded through the North…I just can’t think of a way to stop Germany.

• @Sig:

Well this session went badly.I lost Holland,and Spain. My dad just keeps making more and more infantry and tanks,he keeps getting good rolls,one roll with infantry destroys all my defenses usually. I have 3 loaded transports,but I think Portugal is to risky, I’ll let my dad keep Portugal and Spain until I build up a huge amphibious assault for it.And I think Russia is about to be invaded through the North…I just can’t think of a way to stop Germany.

Through the north?  Do you mean through Norway, or through the Baltic States?  What kind of army does Germany have there, and what kind of army does Leningrad (since if it’s in the north that’s probably the target) have?

One thing you should do as Russia is never let Germany advance more than 1 territory per turn.  If you leave 1 infantry in a territory Germany can’t blitz through it, and that can give Russia a bit of time while the USA and the UK attack and hopefully draw attention elsewhere.

• Through the Baltic states.  Leningrad has 4 infantry,a mech,and a tac bomber.Plus a Minor Industrial.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m