• Ok… im in trouble.

I’m playing as the Axis… The Russians have two infantry and two tanks in Manchuria, but from there to Russia is wide open… Theres one infantry in the western Chinese area, nothing in the eastern side. Theres one american infantry and one american fighter in KWA, and i have 7 inf, an IC and 1 ftr in East indo-china-burma. Theres one british infantry in India, and neither the americans or japanese have fleets anymore…

Should i Attack Russia or concentrate on regaining territory? Do i continue to attack AMerica, which by now has a massive land force?

On the western front, the russians only have 4 tanks, 1 ftr, and 6 inf, while i have 17 inf 3 tanks, 2 ftrs and 1 bmbr attacking… The americans are generally doing nothing in the east, And the UK is defended only by 1 AAA, 1 btlshp, 4 inf and 2 tanks.

The british have 2 inf, 1 tank scattered in africa, i have nothing…

My germna fleet and luftwaffe consist or two mediterreanen subs, on transport, 1 btlshp, 3ftrs 2 bmbrs

Crush the Russians, attack the UK, or Bide my time?

Any adivice would be greatly appreciated as im a bit of a novice…

how did Russia put 2 Tanks on Manchuria? do you do normal placement because the Russiansdon’t have 2 tanks within attacking distance of Man.

• correct…… my bad… they have four inf and 1 tank…

and the germans only have 1 bomber

• I would suggest being aggresive, and attack and worry about regaining territories. If you are playing the axis, you always play aggresive! And also when your playing the axis, keep in mind inf. are one of the last things you want to buy… Because once you start going down to just buying inf. you are probably going to lose, but that is sorta off the subject. I hope some of that helped!

“We learn, bit by bit, we learn.”
    -Josef Stalin
    “Only the dead have seen the end of war.”
    -Plato

• thanks…… so 3 tanks are better than 5 inf?

For Japan, do i bypass manchuria and KWA to go after russia or hit both tragets?

I would still hit those, but do 'em quick… As Germany it looks like America is new to the game… so exploit that weakness and hit Russia! as far as Britain sink the BB and any Transports he might build with your own feet…

GG

• EDIT! we should probably move this to the help section, i think…. i dont know if they can but if the admins can move threads rather than delete this thread, i would greatly appreciate it, as i spent about two hours getting the below post ready…

Your right Guerrilla guy, all of us are new to axis and allies… as this is only our second game…

ok SUD… here it is… all IC and AA are in original placement except at burma…
    (there were other errors in my first post)

AMERICAN

Western US: 1 bmb 1 ftr 1 tank 4 inf
    Eastern US: 1 sub 2 inf 1 ftr 1 tank 1 trans
    Hawaii: 1 inf
    Midway: 1 inf
    KWA: 1 inf
    China: i ftr
    other owned: Panama
    Mexico
    Sinkang
    Brazil

IPC per turn: 34
    IPC now: 35

JAPANESE
    1 INFANTRY EACH ON: EAST INDIES, CAROLINE, SOLOMON, BORNEO, NEW GUINEA, INDIA

Philippines: 1 ftr
    French Indo China Burma: 2 inf, 2 ftr, IC
    Japan: 2 inf 1 trans 1 bmb 1 ftr 1 tank
    West U.S. Sea Zone: 2 trans

IPC PER TURN: 24
    IPC now: 26

BRITISH
    Great Britain: 3 inf 1 ftr 1 bmb 1 tank 2 trans
    Spanish Sea Zone: 1 bb 1 trans
    India Sea Zone: 1 trans
    Algeria: 1 tank
    South Africa: 1 inf
    Australia: 1 inf
    Syria-Iraq: 1 inf
    Western Canada: 1 inf
    Other Owned: Persia
    New Zealand
    East Canada
    IPC per turn:26
    IPC now:26

GERMAN
    Ukraine: 3 inf
    Caucasus: 1 tanks
    Western Europe: 1 inf 2 tank 1 ftr
    Southern Europe Sea Zone: 1 trans
    Gibraltar: 2 subs 1 bb
    Eastern Europe: 6 inf 2 ftr
    Germany: 11 inf 1 bmb
    Other Owned:Anglo-egypt sudan
    Libya
    Finland
    Southern Europe
    IPC per turn:36
    IPC now: 36

RUSSIAN
    Karelia: 2 inf 2 tanks 1 ftr 1 sub 1 trans
    Manchuria: 4 inf 1 tank
    Russia: 1 inf 1 ftr 2 tanks
    Other Owned: Evenki
    Yakut
    Soviet Far East
    Novosibirsk
    Kazakh
    IPC per turn: 24
    IPC now: 27

How was that

Awesome! now I understand your position… your a great placement poster… It’s late at my house and I need to get to bed will post later or see SUD’s posts (he’ll probably beat me to it :wink: …)

GG

• I do not think anyone should offer advice until this game is over. It is unethical to ask for advice for a game in progress.

• hit russia. and do it quickly. if you can get past manchuria before they have a chance to retaliate, then you can get some serritory quick and easy. dont worry about regaing the lost territory yet. you can cut them off as you go after the capital. go around manchuria if you have to and head up from the south. you could also land troops into the Soviet Far East from japan. as for Germany, let america sit out if it wants to. keep enough of a force in the east to help against russia, but start massing troops/trannies for an assault on UK. if you have any bombers, do SBR’s until youre ready for the assault, this should keep UK production to a minimum.

• Just looking over those units, what happened in this game…is it just me or is this game about 2 moves from being over with the lack of troops on any of these countries? If you want my 2 cents I would spend a couple rounds, build 2 tranny’s, 2 INF and a Tank, then next round invade with the larger controling force, spending your money on INF to funnel them across to keep your foothold, as Russia seems spread to thin to backup what you would do there. Can’t tell from your post but is Germany doing anything to help your cause? If Russia is that wide open on the backside you should have Germans dancing on Red Square right now…

One thing Derigaaz, edit your post and add Germany and Southern Europe’s placement…I think your Fellow has something there :wink:

You may be wondering why I’m not posting… just got your placement on a board so I have an idea… and I have to leave and do errands right now… I think I can cough out purchases, Attack and the whole nine yards when I get back…

• Dancing on Red square…. i like that… :)

The guys are coming over on thursday or friday to continue, so guerrilla, you have some time to post…

Guest, good leaders use all sources at their disposal, a great leader has strategists… :)

Sherman i think i get what your saying… i should use burma to march toward Russia, and use japan to hit far east and attack manchuria/KWA… then i use the troops there and some reinforcements to keep up the russian front while shifting partly to to attacking the UK with my naval and air forces…

haxorboy, i AM germany as well as japan… and the russians HAD a huge force on the eastern front…

• …What about southern Europe?

Russia will start next… Sorry about that…

(Im such a failure :cry: :cry: )

• According to your detailed description of the positions, Ger and SEu are empty. Is that normal ?
    Also, regarding Japan, their IC production should be at 22 instead of 24.

• SUD…… that was amazing…

:o :o :o

I updated germany and SE…

…i suppose your right, but russia doesnt look all that dangerous towards germany… i’m expecting them to take cacasus back…

in the beginning of the game i was stupid and took alaska, destroyed the american pacific fleet, and lost the rest of my fleet while attacking WUS

SUD, how in the hell were you able to come up with such a good plan like that? :D :D

@Darrigaaz:

SUD…… that was amazing…

:o :o :o

I updated germany and SE…

…i suppose your right, but russia doesnt look all that dangerous towards germany… i’m expecting them to take cacasus back…

in the beginning of the game i was stupid and took alaska, destroyed the american pacific fleet, and lost the rest of my fleet while attacking WUS

SUD, how in the hell were you able to come up with such a good plan like that? :D :D

my dear friend this is the power of SUD (or the more appropriate: suds :wink: )….

I would agree (the above being my basic plan) with SUD…

forget me posting follow the strat to victory (show those hordes in the red square what it means to be soviet :lol: …)

cheers,
    GG

• GG, i thought you were from Rhode Island?

ok….i have another unrelated question… How do you use mapview?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m