All Islands SZ’s (not including Japan, Britain, New Guinea, Berneo Celebes, and East Indies.) are the same as the Islands themselves… there fore it acts like an aircraft carrier, and it doesn’t cost an extra movement to get to the midde of it unless it entere the SZ from somewhere else and did battles in it… I’ve seen this rule elsewhere but I wanted to see your guys’s opinions…

• '19 Moderator

I don’t think I like it.

I think it gives aircraft to much range. That would make it possible to bomb Japan from Hawaii, and WUS from Wake or The Solomons. not very realistic.

ok then make new Sz’s…

• '19 Moderator

What are you trying to accomplish with this rule?

I’m not trying to be a jerk, I just don’t like adding rules unless there is a reason for doing so.

I think the best solution for your idea is airbases like in AAP.

@dezrtfish:

What are you trying to accomplish with this rule?

I’m not trying to be a jerk, I just don’t like adding rules unless there is a reason for doing so.

I think the best solution for your idea is airbases like in AAP.

your right that is probably what I need… technically , flying into a sz means you are clear sailing to it’s next border including the Island in it… that is why I wanted to add it… did it take that much fuel to fly over to your pacific Island and land?

• '19 Moderator

I realy couldn’t say, but I suppose it could take more time to locate the island then find the airstrip and make your aproach and land. But I’m not a WWII era pilot (or a pilot at all for that mater) so I guess I don’t know.

@dezrtfish:

I realy couldn’t say, but I suppose it could take more time to locate the island then find the airstrip and make your aproach and land. But I’m not a WWII era pilot (or a pilot at all for that mater) so I guess I don’t know.

Finding an Airstrip isn’t flying 1,000 miles :wink:

• I kind of like your idea, GG, those SZ rules for aircraft are the most headache-inducing rules in A&A, as far as I’m concerned.

yeah like the Dang-I-can’t-hit-that-transport migrane 8)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m