• Declaration of Surrender.

My 12-year-old son and I (Axis) just beat my 15 year old son and his buddy a little while ago. Not all together surprising as I have a lot of experience and they are coming along well but still lack being in the trenches. What makes this game really pleasurable is that for them to surrender, which they did, I made them sign a declaration of surrender. It stated:

“ I –------- & ---------- do declare that we have been bested by a superior intellect. We have been crushed to submission. We whimper and grovel at the feet of our conquerors. We relent and choose serfdom to resistance.
    x----------------
    x----------------“

I took pictures of the official signing ceremony and texted it to my sons friends mom who is also a good friend of my wife and I. She thanked me for teaching her son a lesson in humility.

Again, its fun being a Dad!  :-D

• LOL, funniest post in a while :D

Oh, give them time… They’ll get back at you  :mrgreen:

• Haha, great idea!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I can’t wait till they crush you, and make you sign the same thing, and text your boss.

• Sponsor

This reminds me of the time I tried to to hit a home run with a wasp nest and a broom stick.

• @Gargantua:

I can’t wait till they crush you, and make you sign the same thing, and text your boss.

This.  :-D

• @billinjackson:

What makes this game really pleasurable is that for them to surrender, which they did, I made them sign a declaration of surrender. It stated:

“ I –------- & ---------- do declare that we have been bested by a superior intellect. We have been crushed to submission. We whimper and grovel at the feet of our conquerors. We relent and choose serfdom to resistance.
    x----------------
    x----------------“

I took pictures of the official signing ceremony and texted it to my sons friends mom who is also a good friend of my wife and I.

That’s pretty much the same thing as the Germans did to the French at the surrender ceremony at Compiegne in June 1940, as regards both the terms of the armistice and the stage-managing of the event.

• '10

That is funny.  In some games I have played, when the game has gone on too long and one side is beaten but not militarily defeated, we often have a round of surrender negotiations.

It is kind of silly, but fun at the same time.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

That is funny.  In some games I have played, when the game has gone on too long and one side is beaten but not militarily defeated, we often have a round of surrender negotiations.

It is kind of silly, but fun at the same time.

LOL, that’s just it. Silly but a ton of fun. And, yes, I will pay a huge price when I finally lose. I will enjoy it as much as them though… lol.

• Wonderful idea. I’m playing against my wife. I’m going to translate it into German and add a little annex saying sonething about housework / week / my Master :-D

• @Andi:

Wonderful idea. I’m playing against my wife. I’m going to translate it into German and add a little annex saying sonething about housework / week / my Master :-D

That’s precious! I always joke with my wife expressing she is just a product of my rib. She’s got a great sense of humor and has no issue dishing it back though.  :-D

• @Andi:

Wonderful idea. I’m playing against my wife. I’m going to translate it into German and add a little annex saying sonething about housework / week / my Master :-D

You’re damn lucky! My woman hates A&A!

• Lol I did that to a friend of mine once. Ah sweet sweet revenge  :evil:

• @Gargantua:

Absolutely hilarious!  :-D

• LOL! This is funny! I appreciate this being a dad myself who’s son plays A&A. But this may come to backfire on you someday when your son puts you in a home! jk!  :-D

• Sponsor

@Noll:

@Andi:

You’re damn lucky! My woman hates A&A!

I made her play once when I couldn’t find any players, since then, I have found many people to game with, and she lets me play all the time, as long as she doesn’t have to.

When we played together I said, “you might not want to leave your transports out there like that” and she said, “maybe your just saying that so I won’t leave them there where I will need them to win the game, so I’m going to leave them there because you don’t want me to”. When my turn came around, even though I have 3 units that could wipe them out, I didn’t because I wanted to keep playing.

OHHH… the pathetic lows of a deprived A&A player.

• Lol that’s awesome!  I tried something similar with my brothers,  they refused to sign and made me win according to the rule book too bad I was the allies it took forever.

• I found the truce I made collecting dust in one of my drawers, while cleaning my room yesterday. I thought I’d share this for fun. My friend was the Axis and I was the Allies. Here is our “document” word for word lol: “I Michael Ratzburg hereby formally surrender the military of Japan unconditionally to James Robert Mullen II, because I was outnumbered, and would eventually lose due to unrivaled strategic maneuvers by my allied opponent. This document was written and signed by I, Michael Ratzburg, by my own free will and was by no means forced upon me by said allied player.
        P.S. Sleep deprivation, in no way, influenced this decision.”
    Ah, I’m so merciless sometimes lol  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m