• Ive been trying to beat my dad at global and i always come a few turns short of what i need any tips to get me further into the game and possibly win the game

• Are you using the Alpha + .2 setup?  Which side are you playing?  What happens that makes you lose (e.g. Japan dying, UK dying, etc.)?

• Who are you playing as and what is the basic strategy you have been implementing?

• were playing by the rules in the rulebook i play axis and my problem is germany is always pushed back by the uk and then killed by russia then italy is next sometimes i can get japan to save the axis but not for long before im done with the game

• You should use the Alpha + .2 rules/setup.  The OOB situation is much worse.

• @450thMSAF:

were playing by the rules in the rulebook i play axis and my problem is germany is always pushed back by the uk and then killed by russia then italy is next sometimes i can get japan to save the axis but not for long before im done with the game

OOB is very un-balanced, use Alpha 2

• is alpha 2 just a setup or is the whole game different

• @450thMSAF:

is alpha 2 just a setup or is the whole game different

Different setup and different national objectives and a few modified rules (scramble rules for example)

• ok i found nation objectives and the setup so now you think it will be a little more balenced

• I know it is. Germany has a minor IC in Germany to start the game in OOB,they have a major IC in Alpha 2. That right there helps Germany immensely.

• that is helpful when i play germany i have to put all my crap in west germany

• @450thMSAF:

that is helpful when i play germany i have to put all my crap in west germany

Yes, and now instead of needing 2 turns to move your infantry to the Russian front you can do it in 1 turn, but this is just one of the good diferences ALPHA 2 has

• ok thanks for informing me about alpha 2 now any performance tips???

• @450thMSAF:

ok thanks for informing me about alpha 2 now any performance tips???

Do you know all the details about the rules, even if you think so read the manual again it helps me alot…

If you really think that you know every single detail of the rules, be more specific on how does your dad beats you, what he uses, where he attacks from …

• I play a lot against my nephew who has much less experience than I do with A&A games.  I have noticed a few tendencies he has that hurt him:

1. Wishful thinking - He will see only the positive outcomes when deciding to attack, and forgets that balanced fights will go against him half the time.

2. Too aggressive - He will attack too early when not ready, and sometimes with too few units.

3. Focuses too much on one thing - He will see only one part of the map, and wants to accomplish one thing, and forgets that the game is fought everywhere - you must watch tne entire map at all times.

Hope this helps.

• @450thMSAF:

were playing by the rules in the rulebook i play axis and my problem is germany is always pushed back by the uk and then killed by russia then italy is next sometimes i can get japan to save the axis but not for long before im done with the game

G1 buy a carrier, sink as many UK ships as possible. G2 buy 12 trannies. G3 buy lots of bombers in France. Now you invade UK and next turn you bombard the Naval Base and Airbase in Gibraltar to ruins. Since you now control UK, they cant repair this bases, so the US units that land in Gibraltar turn 4 will get less range. Then you load the 12 trannies and invade Leningrad. Buy 10 artillery in Germany turn 4, and move them against Moscow. Then buy 8 Mechs and 2 Tanks in Germany every turn, and move them against Moscow. Soon you dad will lose.

• Download the electronic map(Sgt. Wonko’s map) and go through some of the games online, looking at some of the more experienced players online, follow along w/their moves and look at their opening moves. That should give you a good idea of what your opening moves should be, what strategies you should implement, etc… Also read through a lot of the posts online. That will give you good ideas as well.

• @Razor:

you invade UK and next turn you bombard the Naval Base and Airbase in Gibraltar to ruins. Since you now control UK, they cant repair this bases, so the US units that land in Gibraltar turn 4 will get less range.

!!!  OMG

I’ve been so concerned with Gibraltar as Germany that I am shucking units there, putting an AA gun and leaving my fleet there.

With this move I can leave my ships to fight against Russia and just bomb Gibraltar!  Amazing, its little moves like this that some people see as common sense and others miss entirely.

• kinda funny shadowguidex my dad pointed out the same things  :-D

• Trade sides, you know how to win as the Allies if he’s getting win after win as the Allies. Give him some of his own medicine.
      Try to incorporate new players, more people more opportunities both success and failure and look into the on line games to see what the pro’s do
      Buy weighted dice    :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m