• I have a few questions on convoy disruptions :

#1). For example, in SZ97, assuming Italy and Germany are in the game and you have 1 US Sub in SZ97. How many IPC’s does the sub disrupt? Is it just two total? Or is it two from each Axis controlled territory that borders SZ97? If it’s just two total, then who choses where the IPC’s are deducted from? The Allies(meaning they can chose to deduct two IPC’s from Germany or Italy or one IPC from Italy and IPC from Germany)? Or does the Axis player chose where the IPC’s come from?

#2). 2nd question. What if Italy is Allied controlled? Then I’m assuming no IPC’s are deducted from Italy and the 2 IPC’s for the convoy disruption HAS to come from Germany?

Thanks!

• @Commando:

I have a few questions on convoy disruptions :

#1). For example, in SZ97, assuming Italy and Germany are in the game and you have 1 US Sub in SZ97. How many IPC’s does the sub disrupt? Is it just two total? Or is it two from each Axis controlled territory that borders SZ97? If it’s just two total, then who choses where the IPC’s are deducted from? The Allies(meaning they can chose to deduct two IPC’s from Germany or Italy or one IPC from Italy and IPC from Germany)? Or does the Axis player chose where the IPC’s come from?

#2). 2nd question. What if Italy is Allied controlled? Then I’m assuming no IPC’s are deducted from Italy and the 2 IPC’s for the convoy disruption HAS to come from Germany?

Thanks!

The latter is correct, you wouldn’t convoy your own team :O

• At the end of each power’s turn they check to see if there are any enemy warships in convoy zones that border territories controlled by the power in question.  So, in your example, at the end of Italy’s turn, they would deduct up to 2 IPC from their income for the US sub present in z97.  They cannot lose more income than the total value of territories that Italy controls that border z97.  If Italy is under Allies control, the convoy disruption is irrelevant, because Italy does not collect income while it is enemy-controlled.  And the new controller would not lose income to a friendly unit (the US sub).

Then, on Germany’s turn, they would lose up to 2 IPC income for the US sub in z97.  Again, they can’t lose more than the total value of German controlled territories bordering z97.

So, essentially, the US sub is doing convoy disruption to BOTH Italy and Germany as long as they both control territories that border z97.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m