• Anyone played it? I saw it recommended by many game enthusiasts last week. Then a few days later a friend told me he wanted to do a game night because he just got it. A bit complicated but lots of fun.

• '10

It is a great game.  Lots of different strategies to learn/try.  Great theme also.

• Why kind of strategies do you like to employ?  After playing only 1 game I barely have the gist of it, but I can imagine some techniques.  The people I played with had played it once before and were trying different things, but none of us have looked up any strategies yet.

• '10

Each “Role” in the game has it’s own strategy.  Also different combinations of buildings etc…  After a few more games you will start to see what I mean.

You have mentioned a classic. Amazing game, tied with Settlers of Catan for my favorite game. Best strategy IMO first turn is to get the builder and buy a hospice. Having those extra colonists will work wonders for you mid-game when you need to ship stuff back to the new world. This is assuming you are trying to win by VP’s.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

You have mentioned a classic. Amazing game, tied with Settlers of Catan for my favorite game. Best strategy IMO first turn is to get the builder and buy a hospice. Having those extra colonists will work wonders for you mid-game when you need to ship stuff back to the new world. This is assuming you are trying to win by VP’s.

GG

Yeah, VPs. I did have trouble late game with too few colonists. I tried to force production early and then generate cash. The best thing going for me was the wharf. It looks like you need to plan on building a big building to have a chance at winning.

Yeah, a wharf is good. Get the wharf and a warehouse is also helpful, depending on the tactics of other players.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m