• The Great War (1914)

It is the summer of 1914. The Archduke Franz Ferdinand (heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire) and his wife have just been assassinated in Sarajevo. In retaliation for this offense, Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria-Hungary has declared war on Serbia, an ally of Russia. This sparks a world of controversy and very quickly large military powers such as Germany, The Ottoman Empire, France, and Great Britain join in the fray. Two allegiances emerge, The Central Powers & The Allied Powers, with one goal in mind: WAR!

Do you have the economic aptitude and tactical know how to help your nation survive The Conflict and rescue a world in peril. Are you brave enough to face tanks, planes and other modern warfare in order to lead your alliance to victory? “The Great War” has begun, and ready or not, you better lace up your boots and prepare for battle.

The Game:
    The Conflict is a global-strategy based game designed around the economic and military conditions of Europe in 1914. Players play in one of two alliances, The Central Powers or The Allied Powers, to defeat their opponents. Players choose among seven nations (Austria-Hungary, Germany, Great Britain, France, Italy, Ottoman Empire, and Russia). After selecting a nation, players take turns completing their objectives during each round.

Note: The Conflict requires players to strategize both economically and militaristically in order to win the game.

Combat System:
    The Conflict has been extensively tested and designed by gamers for gamers. Players will take their turn each round to strengthen their tactical advantages and defend the borders of their nation. Each turn is broken down into Phases. Players must complete each previous phase in order to proceed onward with the rest of their turn. If a player decides to enter into combat with another player, they must, along with their opponent, roll a set number of D12 dice to determine the outcome of each individual battle. The Conflict uniquely deducts a combat penalty from the player with the weakest military strength in a territory. This combat penalty is taken off all of their dice rolls during the individual combat. The combat penalty allows for the strongest opponent to have a real-world advantage over their enemy, if they have a larger military presence in the area. Players can develop multiple (land, naval, and air) strategies to succeed. They can utilize 11 military units with unique capabilities to complete specific goals, upgrade technology, play one of three victory scenarios, as well as try a variety of player preferences.

Game Pieces

INFANTRY

CAVALRY

ARTILLERY

TANK

AA GUN

FIGHTER

BOMBER

SUBMARINE

DESTROYER

BATTLESHIP

TRANSPORT

GAME BOX

The Conflict Contains:

1 Game Board

1 Operations Manual

7 Pouches

7 Nations (Colored Game Pieces)

125 Territorial Markers

50 White Unit Markers

25 Blue Unit Markers

20 Red Unit Markers

7 Nation Cards

1 Technology Board

2 D12 Dice

Note: Military units will vary per nation, based on the technological restraints of the nation and its overall capability for growth.

| Players: 2-7 | | Ages: 12 - Up |

PRE-ORDER TODAY AND SAVE 16% OFF THE RETAIL VALUE ($59.99)

Expected Release Christmas 2011
    PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
    http://www.legiongaming.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

• Just so you know i ordered 6 copies, which is my standard buy in.

If you want to support a whole new line of unique games that we all love you must buy at least 1 copy of this game.

• Their is actually a picture of the map…look at the site and wait for the pictures on the top to change. One of them is a shot of central europe with pieces set up.

• il, this is awesome, someone beat Wizards of the Coast to the punch!  I will pre-order after I am employed again.  Question your maps on media fire.  Are they best printed out on a home printer or do you recommend taking them to Kinko’s for printing? Cheers :-D :-D

• This is not the thread for that!

Print them anywhere EXCEPT KINKOS. Kinkos should be up on war crimes charges!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmV–Pjr1U

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Definitely looks good for 50 bucks! Thanks IL! Did you talk them into this?  :wink:

• No but a guy named Pellulo probably inspired them to make it. He has been posting about a WW1 game as long as me and never relents his passion. If you repeat it enough, it WILL HAPPEN.

Please buy at least one copy, im sure 2-3 would be best however. What a great Christmas gift! i guess we will all be playing this game in December along with our FMG game pieces!

• Colors appear to be:

Grey-germany
    Blue- france
    White- ottomans
    Red- russia
    Green- italy
    Khaki - british
    Unknown- Austria Hungary

• @Imperious:

This is not the thread for that!

Print them anywhere EXCEPT KINKOS. Kinkos should be up on war crimes charges!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmV–Pjr1U

il you are an actual genious

• IL, Thanks for for the tip. I won’t hi-jack this thread any further.  I will keep my comments to the current thread at hand.  V/R

• It looks really interesting put still a bit primitive, the sculpts look a bit crapy but overall I think is interesting.

I wouldn’t say the pieces are primitive. They are stylized, kind of like the Diplomacy tokens were. It seems to give the game an older look, like it was designed in the 60’s. I think it’s cool. Plus, this company seems to support independent game makers. Wargames made by wargamers. For sure worth my money!

• Gents, I think the designer is trying make them look like WWI ships.  You wouldn’t want a Iowa or Bizmarck class Battleship in this or a Sherman or Panther tank. Unless you are doing your own alternate timeline  This is going to be a cool game.  If you do not like they way the playing pieces look grab a paint brush after Christmas this year and paint them up.

• '10

@WARRIOR888:

Gents, I think the designer is trying make them look like WWI ships.  You wouldn’t want a Iowa or Bizmarck class Battleship in this or a Sherman or Panther tank. Unless you are doing your own alternate timeline  This is going to be a cool game.  If you do not like they way the playing pieces look grab a paint brush after Christmas this year and paint them up.

It is actually very clever.  The units are done in an _Art Deco_style that was popular in that period.  Look at some art work and posters of the Era… then you will understand.

• Nice find FMG I didn’t even think about that. If the designer of this game did that is really pretty cool.

• Oh my gosh this look sick! Its about time someone made a decent WW1 game. Very tempting to purchase this for the game itself and those pieces… :-o

• What is the delay? Just buy a copy, then when we make the Empires game you got pieces. That AA gun will be railway artillery unit. you cant go wrong with $50 bucks

Their site has been down for about a week. I hope they didn’t walk with my $50…

• I think not. FMG has an investment with them as well. I sent a email today. I will post the reply. The pictures are obviously down because they are linked to the site. Suspect they are improving the site

• '10

@Variable:

Their site has been down for about a week. I hope they didn’t walk with my $50…

I just spoke to them.  They were having a Server issue.  It will be back up shortly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m