• THE IDEA:

So I came out with an ideia, what if there were oil wells …

These wells would give an extra 3 IPC income because of trade and also reduce the convoy disruption, I mean, if an enemy nation has a sea unit in one of you convoys and you have 1 oil well nothing happends, only if there are more than one sea units.

For example Germany has 3 sea units in a UK convoy and UK has a oil factory somewhere in the map,insteady of losing 3 IPC, UK only loses 2 IPC.

Cost:10/11

Oil wells defend against bombers like normal factories and if a nation wants to destroy a oil factory they can conduct a bombing raid but insteady of attacking the normal factory it attacks the oil well ( the attacker decides which one he wants to attack).

MODELS:

Since I’m already busy with the new sculpts for air transports and the paratroopers I’m going to do the same little symbols for oil factories has the navy, air and factory.

It will be something like this:

• I’m not sure if I’m going to sell these, but I will give them to FMG or someone else and they will sell them …

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

• @coachofmany:

Have you seen mine for sale?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/custom-roundels-oil

Yes and I really like them, in fact I’m thinking of something to do with them put I’m going to make ones to look more like the navy and air bases

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@12doze12:

@coachofmany:

Yes and I really like them, in fact I’m thinking of something to do with them put I’m going to make ones to look more like the navy and air bases

I will be putting the HBG pieces to use in my new game…
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23321.0

• @Variable:

@12doze12:

@coachofmany:

I will be putting the HBG pieces to use in my new game…
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23321.0

OK, but I want some to look like the air bases, naval bases and factories, but I might use those to another thing

• Here is the “prototype”:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0UFKT6M

( I don’t know how to post pics )

What do you think?

I’m still going to do some changes, the color is not 100% correct and there are some white spots…

• Here it is, the “prototype” xD :

Obviusly the colors are wrong but what do you think of the symbol ?

@12doze12:

Here it is, the “prototype” xD :

I looked at that symbol.

• Customizer

@12doze12:

Looks good to me.  I take it they will be about the same size as the current counters we have for ICs, AA guns, Air bases and Naval bases?
    You mentioned colors were wrong.  What’s wrong with them?  Did you want a white symbol on grey background?
    Also, you started calling these “oil factories” but wasn’t sure what they should be called.  Try “refineries”.

• @knp7765:

@12doze12:

Looks good to me.  I take it they will be about the same size as the current counters we have for ICs, AA guns, Air bases and Naval bases?
    You mentioned colors were wrong.  What’s wrong with them?  Did you want a white symbol on grey background?
    Also, you started calling these “oil factories” but wasn’t sure what they should be called.  Try “refineries”.

Thanks, yes they will be the same size, the colours will be just like the ones of the air bases, naval bases and IC’s, white with grey background.

Ok refeneries sound better to me

• @12doze12:

THE IDEA:

So I came out with an ideia, what if there were oil refineries …

These refineries would give an extra 3 IPC income because of trade and also reduce the convoy disruption, I mean, if an enemy nation has a sea unit in one of you convoys and you have 1 oil refinery anywhere in the map nothing happends, only if there are more than one sea units.

For example Germany has 3 sea units in a UK convoy and UK has a oil factory somewhere in the map,insteady of losing 3 IPC, UK only loses 2 IPC.

Cost:10/11

Oil refineries defend against bombers like normal factories and if a nation wants to destroy a oil factory they can conduct a bombing raid but insteady of attacking the normal factory it attacks the oil factory ( the attacker decides which one he wants to attack).

MODELS:

Since I’m already busy with the new sculpts for air transports and the paratroopers I’m going to do the same little symbols for oil factories has the navy, air and factory.

It will be something like this:

• @coachofmany:

@12doze12:

I looked at that symbol.

Since I’m already busy making sculpts for paratroopers and air transport do you want to produce this ones and sell them ?

PM me if you want to sell them …

• '10

Those symbols should represent oil wells as they are pumps. See oil derricks in my photo also to represent oil wells. Oil refineries should be a symbol of a building similar to the industrial complexes.

IMAG0038.JPG

• @Fishmoto37:

Those symbols should represent oil wells as they are pumps. See oil derricks in my photo also to represent oil wells. Oil refineries should be a symbol of a building similar to the industrial complexes.

OK man thanks…

By the way those are nice ones !!!

@Fishmoto37:

What Oil rules are you using?

• On our Custom Map we have Oil Graphics and Iron Graphics located in designated Territories (Ex: Romania, Iraq and Georgia for Oil and Norway, Sweden and Finland for Iron).  Our rules implement a Plunder Roll if a Country takes over a Territory with said Graphic.  Conquer rolls 1D6 (we play on a D12 system) for additional IPCs to be used during next Purchase.

We also implement those Graphics into NA’s for Germany and Japan.  For Example:  If Germany controls 3 Oil Reserves or 5 Iron Reserves Gain 6 IPCs

• '10

@coachofmany:

@Fishmoto37:

What Oil rules are you using?

We have not implemented any oil rules as of yet. Those oil sculpts I set up on my N. Africa map just for the photo. I purchased those sculpts with the intention of having oil rules eventually.

IMAG0042.JPG

• where did you get those Oil Sculpts?

@Johnson73:

where did you get those Oil Sculpts?

I believe they are from the game “Wildcatter”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m