• I have Europe 1940 and I have 200$, do you recommend me AA Pacific 1940? I hearded in some reviews that it has bad quality in the sheets and that there are few tact. bombers to Japan and China roundels.

But they also say that Global 1940 is an amazing experience!

• I have been pending on weather i should buy a pacific 1940. My strategy is to get one of my friends to purchase it, than we can play a&a 1940 global with all of my axis and allies playing buddies(not having to leave any of them out) and i wont have to spend 70-100 dollars.

• @12doze12:

I have Europe 1940 and I have 200$, do you recommend me AA Pacific 1940? I hearded in some reviews that it has bad quality in the sheets and that there are few tact. bombers to Japan and China roundels.

There are some versions that have bad print and missing pieces, but it is not all. I’m unsure whether it is location or editions or what that is deciding. My box was with the correct print and number of units (although it wouldn’t have hurt to have had an extra couple of units in the box, but I’ve been buying extra pieces as I find out I could use more)

However, Global 40 alone is worth it in my book. And it is pretty much the only version I’m playing at the moment.

• @Xandax:

@12doze12:

I have Europe 1940 and I have 200$, do you recommend me AA Pacific 1940? I hearded in some reviews that it has bad quality in the sheets and that there are few tact. bombers to Japan and China roundels.

There are some versions that have bad print and missing pieces, but it is not all. I’m unsure whether it is location or editions or what that is deciding. My box was with the correct print and number of units (although it wouldn’t have hurt to have had an extra couple of units in the box, but I’ve been buying extra pieces as I find out I could use more)

However, Global 40 alone is worth it in my book. And it is pretty much the only version I’m playing at the moment.

I bought Axis and Allies Europe 1940 from amazon, Wizards.
    If i bought Pacific from there will it be with good quality materials?

• In all honesty, Pacific 1940, just by itself, is not as brilliant of a game as Europe 1940. However, it is a very very good game, especially ounce you’ve played about 20 ames of AAE40, and are getting quite fed up with it.

Plus, of course, it allows you to play global, if you have about 16 hours to spare, which is fantastic.

I bought mine form Amazon.co.uk, it cost me £65, and everything in was in the box, no misprints. Although, it is true that the materials are of inferior quality to AEE40’s.

• @captainhook:

In all honesty, Pacific 1940, just by itself, is not as brilliant of a game as Europe 1940. However, it is a very very good game, especially ounce you’ve played about 20 ames of AAE40, and are getting quite fed up with it.

Plus, of course, it allows you to play global, if you have about 16 hours to spare, which is fantastic.

I bought mine form Amazon.co.uk, it cost me £65, and everything in was in the box, no misprints. Although, it is true that the materials are of inferior quality to AEE40’s.

But how different quality? A lot worst quality or just a bit worst?

• well, the various units are the same, as far as I can tell.

however the dice are a bit crappier and and the markers do seems slightly thinner.

Overall it is barely noticeable, I’d say.

• Got europe 1940 last december played 15-20 games. Loved it so much I had to go global. Played 9 or 10 global games and its amazing. Never played pacific by itself. Its well worth it. I do notice the thinner markers but so what they serve the purpose. Game is awesome- global is amazing!

• Lol my friend just placed his order for pacific and saved me 100 bucks. I’ve played quite a few europe games and am looking forward to the Global game.

• Once you own it, it’s yours for life. I still have my original board from 85-86 plus one more thats more readable.
      What if the price does what the Aniv. Edit. did !!!
      We also set up multiple boards so people can do their ultimate (what ever country they think they can conquer the world with) Germany for example

• There’s no reason not to get it, if you have the cash.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m